030. miss-i'll-put-a-knife-in-the-base-of-your-skull

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Bitches Broken Hearts: Billie Eilish

"Lina." Elwood looks at me as I walk over with my hood on my head.

"Lina?" Jack turns to me. "What are you-"

"I got your little notification last week. I didn't recognize your number at first, but then I remembered the only contact I deleted and then all the dots started connecting." I walk past Jack and enter the apartment.

"Lina, I know what you think of me, and you have every right. And from the time I've spent with Riley since I got here, she's been telling me how much you've done for her and how good of a friend you've been. Evan and McKenna too. And Riley also told me that she's living with you and I think that's great. I thank you, really."

"You wanna thank me? You stay away from Riley."

"Lina, I-"

"And why the phone call? You really expected me to pick up and chat about what? The damn weather?" I scoff. "You really have no idea who I am and you never will because you aren't worthy of it. But what I do know is that if you make Riley as so much as frown from here on out..." I get in his face. "I'll put a knife in the base of your skull." I whisper before leaving.

       •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Hey." McKenna greets as I enter.

"Hey." I fix the new bandage on my arm that Eli put on, then pulling down my hoodie sleeve to cover it with a clenched jaw.

"You okay?" Matty breaks the short silence.

"Yeah, I'm good." I look up at the screen.

"Last month, fifty canisters of VX nerve gas were discovered in a bunker in Bulgaria." She pulls up the photos "U.S. forces seized them and sent them back to the States, earmarked for destruction. Unfortunately, only 49 of them were actually destroyed."

"Let me guess. Number 50 went missing." Evan says.

"Yeah."

"Ooh. Ooh, that's no bueno." Jack inquires and I cross my arms.

"No bueno doesn't even begin to describe it, Jack." Cage tells him. "I've seen what VX can do up close last year in a Syrian village. First, it just looks like you caught a cold. Runny nose, shortness of breath. Then the muscle spasms start..."

"And they don't stop until you either get treatment or die." Matty finishes her sentence.

"Well, do we have a suspect?" Mac asks.

"We don't need suspects when we know who did it.
Meet Doctor Ian Carson." She pulls his photo up on the screen and I scratch my neck. "The technician tasked with destroying the VX. But instead of completing his job, he put the missing canister up for sale on the black market. Guess he was looking to finance his retirement."