【𝐇】𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄
The Crimson Tyrant
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Just where are you?

Everything was monochrome. You had suddenly found yourself standing inside a dining room, very confused as to why you're here. Wondering if this was a dream of yours again, but seeing the black and white scenery, it already shows.

"Congratulations on your eighth birthday, Riddle."

You perked up and saw two people on the dining table, that you were sure weren't there before. One was him, the younger version of Riddle, and the boy's mother.

"He was adorable as a child." You mumbled.

"For this year, your birthday cake is a sugar-free one filled with nuts. Made from soy flour with lots of lecithin since it's good for the brain."

Then, she slid a plate of cake to him.

"Thank you, Mama. But the thing is..." Riddle nervously fiddled his hands, hesitant. "Just once, I'd like to try one of those tarts covered in bright-red strawberries..."

"My, how can you suggest such a thing!" The boy's mother gasped in disbelief. "Desserts filled with sugar like that are basically like poison for the body."

You winced at his mother's words, annoyed by how she nagged at his son for being a literal child. Which he is.

"Just one slice will make you exceed your quota of calorie consumption. Come now, this one is filled with docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid. It's much healthier..." The mother ranted.

"Ah, but the recommended calorie intake for an 8-year old is... It's only 600 kcal for one meal, so don't eat more than 100 grams, understand?"

No response.

"Do you understand?"

The boy reluctantly nodded. "Yes, Mama..."

With that, the mother nodded with her strict posture and walked away to your direction. You flinched, assuming she could see you. But she only walked herself through you, body turning with the mist and turned back to your body's original shape again.

"What the hell?" You mumbled, surprised.

"I had always wanted to try those tarts with the bright red strawberries..."

You almost jumped and turned to your right, seeing the Dorm Leader, Riddle, beside you. A solemn look on his face. He was back from his original dorm uniform and he looked somewhat fine. Well, physically.

"Just like the one displayed on the shop window of the bakery that we pass by."

Then the scenery changed. It was a study room instead of the dining room. Shifting where you can see younger Riddle with his mother, again.

"That is all for your lessons on classical magic. Read the next 50 pages required for your next magic lessons tomorrow."

"Now then, you have 1 hour for yourself before your next lesson begins."

"Yes, Mother."

"Mother has something to take care of for a while, so I will see you in one hour."

"I was always surrounded by lessons I had to finish. If it was possible, they would have extended my lessons longer. But, something like that was 'normal' for me."