Chapter 13

A/N : I know it's been a few days since I updated . I am so sorry ! I've been swamped with my finals coming up soon . But I'm back lovelies! 

As soon as Dela left I went to the telephone to dial the number that Colette gave me. It rang three times before someone picked up the phone. It was a man. The man asked who I was and I let him know,

" Yes h-hello, my name is Jane-anne Romero. Colette said to call this number to speak to her?" The man replied, " oh right yeah here she is." Colette says to me on the phone, " Jane-anne, the pretty lady I wanted to talk to, how you doing beautiful?" 

I reply with, "I'm doing okay, I just wanted to know the price for the spell that I was requesting?" Colette replies, " Ahh.. yes, well money will get you nowhere here darling." 

Money will get me no where? What? I thought to myself what the hell did that mean? What exactly did that mean? What kind of payment ? She seems like the type to swing both ways. I hope she won't ask me for anything sexual as payment, because although I do not discriminate I don't like women that way. 

I asked Colette, " Well what kind of payment would you accept? " 

" Go to the cemetery and go to aisle five and meet me by the tombstone with the name Belle Labeau. Then when you get there light two out of the three candles at the grave. Light the red one and the white one." Colette replies .

Oddly specific no? " wow um, pretty specific on where to meet, any reason why?"

she replies with , " just meet me there on the 15th at nine pm. Come dressed in your best fringe dress. Make sure that you have white satin gloves and pearls to match. Your darkest red lipstick and mascara. No eyeliner. " 

when she announced the whole list she really emphasized on the no eyeliner part. Honestly it was strange but I thought she must know what she's doing. Oh what the hell, why not? I wrote down everything Colette said on the phone. 

Three days later

It's been 3 days since the argument I had with my best friend and the phone call I had with Colette. I can't get the scenario out of my head. I keep thinking that maybe Dela's right? Right? Maybe she's right about everything and that I'm obsessing over the fact that I'll never see him again. I honestly didn't want her to be right. So.. Ignored it, ignored what she said and decided to spend the next few days preparing for the spell. I get up, go to work, come home and do it all again until the 15th when I meet Colette in the cemetery. 

Six days later 

It's the fourteenth, and tomorrow I finally get my answers on whether or not I'll be reunited with my beloved. It's been about a week since I last spoke to Dela. When I see her at work she won't look at me or say anything. Let alone acknowledge me. 

It sucks that my best friend won't be there for me. I really could use her support on all this. But she won't even bother to care about any of this, or try to be there for me. All she sees in her mind is that I'm making a big mistake. That I'm being naive and that I am just going to either get used for money. Or the latter, that i'll get hurt in some way. 

I love Dela. She's like a sister to me, you know she's family. But the one thing about her is that she always assumes the worst. No matter what she'll smite first then she'll ask questions later. But.. like I said she's my best friend and I would die for her. 

                                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~