Chapter 4

"Are you sure you don't want to come say bye to Ari?" My mom asked while I refused to get up from my bed.

When I checked the clock on my bedside table, it was only 7:30 AM. I still have plenty of time to consider.

After I went home last night, I thought hard if I should come to the airport but decided against it. I don't think I'd want to see my first love walk away from me even before we could try.

It was devastating to think that she also felt the same way about me. I think knowing Ari having feelings for me hurts more than her just considering me as her friend.

"I don't know... I'll think about it." I answered my mom.

"Okay, they leave at 9. If you decide to come, let me know. I'll just be over at Joan's, your dad and I are having breakfast there. Join us if you want, yeah?" I just nodded back at her and covered myself with my duvet.

I wanted to give her something to remember me by. But here I was again, being a coward and a pussy.

Three careful taps on my bedroom door interrupted my daydream, forcing me to peel off the blanket from my face. Jesus — this is either Ari or Frankie. But I hope they're still both asleep — I can't deal with them this early.

With a groan, I stood from my bed and headed to my door to see who it was. The door knob felt a bit cold from contact, I almost hiss. Jesus — I need to get a grip, everything seemed to startle me lately.

When I opened the door, I was a bit surprised that it was Ariana. She never knocked before — why change that now. My brows furrowed at her.

"Why did you knock? You always come in even without knocking, Ari." I asked her and opened the door wider so she could come in.

She was already dressed and ready to go. My eyes scanned the dress that she had on... it was the same mint dress that she wore from my last birthday.

"I don't know... Um... can we cuddle? I still have time before we leave." She boldly asked me as she headed to my bed and plopped down like she owned the damn thing.

Woah... okay?

"Aaand, can I have one of your hoodies? Preferably the one you wore last night." Demanding little thing, Ariana huh?

I went into my walk in closet and picked up the hoodie I was wearing last night. When I got back to my bedroom, she was sprawled on my bed, hugging my pillow.

What a sight huh... what a sight indeed.

I placed the hoodie at the foot of my queensize bed, making sure that she can see it later when she needed to leave.

"Okay, scoot over. Don't fall asleep — Joan will kill us if miss your flight." I said as I tapped her knee to give me some space.

As I laid on the bed, before I could comfortably settle, her arms snaked on my torso and her legs immediately tangled with mine.

Yeah... this is my Ari... my clingy, needy, touchy Ari.

I'm gonna miss her so bad...

I didn't argue, I just placed my arm under her head, making her move and placed her head over my chest. Her hands now gently stroking my stomach, her touch leaving a trail of hot branding iron through my skin.

When will we be able to do this again? Will we have a chance to be this close again?

"I'll really miss you, C." She mumbled against my neck as I ran my fingers through her wild curls.

"Me too, Ari." I was somberly thinking about the possibilities of us growing apart.

We might have or haven't cleared what we felt towards each other yesterday... but we cleared one thing — we cannot try...