Chapter 7

Charlie - 19 Years Old

"Rory! Come on dude, I have a quiz tomorrow. I can't go out right now, stop bothering me." I said as my eyes never left my laptop screen.

I actually have to study for my Econ quiz that I had to retake from missing last week because my mom was sulking.

After a week of groveling with my mom to forgive me for missing her birthday party, I don't think I'm in the mood to suffer a hang over.

"Dude, you barely left the dorms since you came back from Florida. That was three days ago -- It's the season for college mixers! It's time for parties, booze, and sex -- you're 19 not 50!" Aurora, my room mate-slash-best friend exaggeratedly sat on my bed.

"Um... didn't you hear that I have to re-take a quiz because I missed it last week? I can't flunk, you know -- that's going to look bad on my records." I rolled my eyes at her.

She scoffed and threw a piece of crumpled paper at me. "Boo, you're no fun! You know, we're three semesters in, but I haven't seen you bring a girl here."

I just pretended I didn't hear her rant about my non-existing social life. I mean, it wasn't really my intention to get to college and get a girlfriend or fuck buddies as she stated. I just want to finish and go to law school.

After everything that happened, this was the only thing constant in my plans. I'll be damned if I flunked out of Harvard and miss out on law school.

I don't need any distractions right now. It was so bad as it is in senior year -- I had to pick myself up. To rub some salt on the wound, I couldn't even avoid the cause of my distress.

"The first time I saw you, I thought you were like the fuck boys of all the lesbians I know. But not a single girl stepped inside this dorm! Not one, Charlie!" Rory's voice was so annoying that I want to chuck her throat out.

Damn it -- here she goes again.

"I brought my groupmates here, if that counts." I was so over this conversation.

"You -- oh my god, those do not count! You're literally in here with a group of girls and you didn't do nothing, except highlight shit!" She exasperatedly said, plopping her body down my bed.

I kept my eyes on what I was reading, trying to block all her noises. She could be pretty loud some times.

"Well, what do you expect me to do?" I asked as I wrote down some keywords on my iPad.

"I don't know -- maybe lose your virginity?" She asked like it was the most obvious thing to say.

I placed my stylus down, and turned my swivel chair to face her.

"What makes you think I'm a virgin, Rory?" I asked with a stoic expression, keeping my face straight.

Yeah right, virgin my ass. My sexual activities in high-school could top what you're having now.

Rory's eyes widened as she gasped before covering her mouth with her palms. Her shocked expression was comical I couldn't help but smirk. Surprise, bitch.

"Nooo -- you're not?!" She asked "But... why haven't -- oh my god, do you have a girlfriend back home?!"

My eyebrows furrowed. Why would she think that? I mean, yeah -- I'm still pretty much in love with my ex, but I haven't given any indication that I have a girlfriend.

"What? No -- to both." I shrugged at her.

To say Rory was shocked was an understatement. She looked like she was about to throw something at me.