Chapter 1

"Attention students! As well as the first years, I am very proud to announce, Ms. Mia Potter will be transferring from Beauxbatons. She will be joing the fourth year students, along with her twin brother, Mr. Harry Potter!" I could hear dumbledore announce.

God, what is Harry going to think of me? We got sent to different schools and haven't seen each other in four years. Will he even recognize me? Last I saw him, I was 10 years old. Im fourteen now, clearly I look very different.

McGonagall leads me into the great hall, in front of the first years. I walk behind McGonagall and I can't help but notice everyone is staring at me, whispering.

I catch some of what people are saying, "That must be Mia Potter." - "Wow, she looks nothing like him" which, I don't. But then I heard something strange come from a blonde boys mouth, "Bet you that's Pottah's sister. Surely she'll be a Gryffindor with in seconds of the hat being on her head." This, he said in a steady voice that was no where near a whisper. Almost as if he wanted me to hear him.

McGonagall calls my name first, and I sit down on the little stool meant for an 11 year old body. The sorting hat is placed on my head as I hear it start to whisper in my ear.

"Another, Potter. But your a fourth year. Transfer?" I nod in response. "Ambitious, determined, yes, yes, brave as well. But your wits alone could kill. You would be a great addition to ravenclaw." I shake my head in response, I really don't want ravenclaw, I dont feel I belong. "No? Very well, you would be a much better suit for another house anyway. Better be, SLYTHERIN!" The hat shouts.

Oh merlin! What will everyone think of me now, I hadn't even considered Slytherin. I was expecting Gryffindor just as the blonde boy. I walk over to the Slytherin table, and sit down on the only empty sliver of space on the bench that I can find. All the first years get sorted, and as the Hufflepuff table stops clapping everyone starts talking, and I can hear the girl I sat next to start talking about me.

"How is a Potter a Slytherin, anyway?" She asks glancing in my direction, then turning to her dark skinned friend. "It must have been a mistake." She snorts out almost angry that I was put in her house.

"A mistake? The only thing you know about her is her last name. Why don't you give the girl a break!" This was shouted from the same blonde haired boy who had been mocking me earlier. Why was he sticking up for me?

Clearly his friends were just as confused as I was. As they all gave him a confused look. "Why are you sticking up for her?" The girl asks, turning to me and pulling my hair. "She doesn't stand a chance in Slytherin."

I feel a sudden anger slip inside of me, I don't know what came over me, but all of a sudden, I have a clump of her hair in my fist, holding her head against the table.

"Touch me one more fucking time! See what happens!" I growl at her, she looks up at me in fear, but the only thing I feel is anger. It takes over my body, not letting anything get in the way.

I release her head aggressively, and slouch back down in my seat. All three of the friends to my right seem to be starring at me.

"What?" I finally build the courage to ask in a snappy tone.

"Yup, definitely a Slytherin." The dark skinned boy says with a smile. Just as he stops talking the blonde boy chuckles along with him.

Dumbledore starts to speak up again. "Well, now were all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year . . . but home to some very special guests as well-" he clearly wasn't done yet, but Filch was now running down the hall to dumbledore, but he went on. " - You see, Hogwarts has been chosen. . . " then Filch reached him and whispered something in his ear. He then leaves the same way he ran before. And Dumbledore continues, "So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament! Now for those of you who do not know -" and Dumbledore rants on about the tri-wizard tournament. I think everyone should know what it is, I obviously know, I went to Beauxbatons.