Chapter 5

I walk into what seems to be Mad-Eye's office. He sits down and takes off his prosthetic leg.

"That's a foal glass. Lets me keep an eye on my enemies. If I can see the whites of their eyes they're standing right behind me!" He laughs.

A very loud noise comes from a trunk on the floor and it shakes.

"Wouldn't even bother telling you what's in there. You wouldn't believe it if I did. Now . . . what are you going to do about your dragon?" He asks me.

"Oh . . . um . . . You know I just thought I'd. . ."

He kicks a stool towards me.

"Sit." After I sit he starts to sort of lecture me. "Listen to me Potter. Your pal Diggory, by your age he could turn a whistle into a watch and have it sing you the time. Miss Delacour, she's about as much of a fairy princess as I am. As for Krum, his head may be filled with sawdust but Karkaroff's is NOT. They'll have a strategy, and you can bet that'll play to Krum's strengths. Hmm? Come on Potter. What are your strengths?" He asks.

That was a lot to take in. Although I had known most of it, still hearing it all at once was a lot.

"Um . . . I dunno . . . Well, I can fly. I mean, I'm a fair flyer, but I-"

"Better than fair the way I heard it."

He's not wrong, saying im a "fair flyer" was quite the understatement. If everyone at Hogwarts thought Harry was great, wait till they saw me. They wouldn't know what to think.

"But I'm not allowed a broom."

"Your allowed a wand."

~*~

We are in the waiting tent, and can hear the crowds cheering. I'm pacing around the room very nervously, as I reach one of the sides of the tent, I hear someone whisper.

"Pssst! Mia? Is that you?" I hear Draco whisper. I stand closer to the edge of the tent.

"Yeah."

"How are you feeling? Okay? The key is to concentrate. Just remember what Professor Moody said to you last night."

"Right. Thanks."

"Whatever you do, Mia. Please, don't kill yourself. I dont care if you finish the task or not. Just get out of there, alive."

I chuckle. "I'll try my best."

Draco enters the tent and hugs me tightly. I hug him back not even thinking. As we hug a bright camera flashes, Rita Skeeter the journalist approaches.

"Young love! Ohh how stirring. If everything goes unfortunately today you two might make the front page."

"You have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends." Krum scolds at Rita.

"No matter. We've got what we wanted!"

Rita leaves and Draco turns to me.

"I'm assuming thats, Rita Skeeter?" He asks mocking the same voice I used the other night.

I laugh, "yeah, that's her."

Dumbledore enters.

"Good day champions. Gather round please. Now you've waited, you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived. The moment only four of you can fully appreciate."

The champions gather around him in a circle, Draco following close behind me.

"What are you doing here, Mister Malfoy?" Dumbledore asks suspiciously.

"Oh. . . Sorry, I'll just go." He says as he gives me one last hug.

"See you tonight!" I say after him. Not sure he heard me though as he doesn't respond.