2 | Her haunting madness

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook's POV

Jazz played on the radio while my car zoomed through the middle of the deepening forest. The road ahead was empty and dark with just the headlight of my car dominating the surroundings while on both sides it was the row of huge trees. My one hand rested on the side of the closed window as I let my head lean on my fist . I was mostly concentrating on the road while occasionally glancing at the motionless rested figure beside me .

Presently I found my gaze lingering a little longer than other times. There was a melancholy in the air along with the certain rage I had felt previously. I shouldn't be guilty of what I was doing. A voice in my head echoed that she deserved it . But then…  I looked ahead again, my eyes fixated on the grey road while my mind surfed back to where it all began.

Flashback .
23rd January 2024

My phone buzzed in my pocket and was ignored for the thirteenth time . It was irritating but not more than the douche I was assigned to take care of . I fixed my rifle with a silencer at its mouth and a steadied grip on my hand .

To eliminate assholes like this one , I needed some peace , some calming music and perfect timing. Seemingly , my boss wasn't prepared to let me have any of it . With a charging annoyance and anger I changed my aim from the head to the heart. Shooting his head would give him an easy and instant death. Now that I was angered, I wanted to watch him suffer and die. Before pulling the trigger, I brought my phone out , an incoming call still showing.

I grimaced at the sight of my boss’s name along with a bundle of black furred spawn of a devil which he had sneakily set as the picture in my phone . I'll take care of this stupid excuse of a boss later . I dropped my phone far away from where my posture laid . I was on my stomach with half of my body surged up with the deathly object in my hand . “ He doesn't get it that the world is not revolving around him." I spoke with no one in particular before resting my aim back on the target .

It took me seconds afterwards to complete my task , making sure to watch my subject lose his blood and breath all at once and then give in to death. A surge of satisfaction sent a tranquillity down to all of my agitation as I took in the distant echo of chaos erupting at the scene while I gathered my equipment.

It took me somewhere around six minutes and forty eight seconds to leave the place and once I was surrounded by my usual route to home, taken over by trees rather than buildings and leaving me in a fragment of Seoul where the urbanisation decreased to zero , I finally called back my boss . Something which I regretted just some moments later .

" you threaten her , take her to Jeju , kill her and frame it as suicide. It's that simple." The voice from the other side of the phone chartered loudly , one because he was overly excited and second he was frustrated with my denial.

" Exactly! It's that simple and I don't do simple shits. " I stated for the umpteenth time.

" Come on jk . Just for this once . You were personally chosen by the client. "