3 | Cherished by him

Y/n’s POV

Y/n’s POV

I didn't expect to experience a shooting pain from the back of my head as soon as the slightest of consciousness hit me . With great difficulty, I was able to open my eyes , processing the view ahead . It was of the road ahead and the surroundings in motion… or rather I was the one in motion. As soon as my thoughts were processed, I became more cautious of my surroundings.

A moving car and I could feel a strong restriction on my hand . My view slowly glided down on my figure to take in the condition of my ocean blue gown which had burnt pores on it and the bottom was severely ruined. What the hell happened after the ball ? There was a gentle shuffle from beside me which immediately caused me to look into that direction. There I was presented with the view of the same guy I remembered dancing with and then all hell broke.

I remembered that I was kidnapped but that couldn't be the only thing which had happened last night . At least that wouldn't explain my present condition and the pain on my back which definitely wasn't because I was knocked down by chloroform.

I gulped down the forming lump in my throat and gathered some courage to ask a question to my abductor . “ Where are we going?" I was sure that he did notice that I was up . His hand had tightened on the steering wheel as soon as he realised. “ You seem to love running in circles. “ It was a sarcastic remark but I didn't reply. I might have asked the same question yesterday.

Now I moved onto another question even though the first one remained unanswered. “Why me ?" It was a simple question but also something which daunted me . My life was a complex puzzle with things unknown to me . Although I never expected to get kidnapped, still I did . But it wouldn't be without any reason right ?

“ Because someone wants you to be gone ." I watched his jaw tightened as he said so. Oh! So he was not only an abductor but also a man on a mission and his mission was to kill me . Fear didn't knock my heart this time. I realised that it had welcomed itself the moment those dazzling lights at the ball went out and now it only made its presence known, casting a hollowness within me . I didn't know how to process this information.

“ Who… “ my question was just a whisper of letting out a breath. Why would anyone want me dead ? What did I do wrong? What did I not know? I shakily turned my head to face the side of him sitting on the driver's seat ." Why do they want that ? What did I do ? “ I was left hanging with the daunting fear within me and my oblivion seemed to only cause the other person to get enraged.

“ Trying to act innocent, sweetheart ? Where did your crazy self go ?" His words were of mockery and venom. He hated my presence and it was made clear with the way he looked at me. But I was clueless and my reaction held the truth. Though he didn't know that I could barely remember what I did yesterday.