4 | The Last Wish

Y/n’s POV

Y/n’s POV

Stench of petrol , his gaze , fire , embrace and then….. a shooting pain , darkness. My eyes opened with cold sweat formed on my forehead. I did it again. Something crazy , which could have harmed people . Her intentions were to get back to Jungkook this time for what he did. It was an attempt to save me but what if it was like other times ? I gulped while eyeing the ceiling.

There was a strong raging scent inside the room , lingering. I cautiously turned my head , still feeling the lasting ache at the back of my neck . When I found the source , it was Jungkook standing in front of the mirror with his back bare and burnt marks loitering his skin. He wore a black shirt which was discarded to the sides , the clothes completely burned and damaged. It must be due to the explosion whose incision was taken by him . I didn't get why he would try saving me when his ultimate intention was to kill me. 

“ You deserve more than a shot or stab….. I'll make your death remarkable. “

 Burning to death couldn't have been mere . I had considered sitting up but then a ringtone took over the silence of the room . Jungkook, who was busy tending his wounds , looked behind, causing me to shut my eyes back again pretending to sleep still . It was a quick consideration, hoping for him to pick up the call. 

There was a shift and creaking of the floor and soon the ringtone ceased . Instead his voice took over . 

“ What is it ?" Jungkook sounded carefree , taking the couch as he gave up on tending his wounds. A part of me believed that he did so because he couldn't reach the incision. I controlled myself from getting distracted and rather focused on the conversation.

He looked calm but now a sarcastic smile lingered on his face . “ You think I can drive all the way to Jeju with that old ass truck ? I managed to get it by knocking out that store owner but it won't last long ." He laughed through the remark . The other person replied something which I couldn't quite make out but it was enough to make Jungkook sneer. 

“ Yeah that's because you didn't tell me that in the span of ten years she has gone batshit crazy ." Jungkook ceased to control his rage , breathing heavily and then spoke, lowering his tone . “ Yoongi , she blew the fucking car , acted like a psycho and then the next morning acted like she knew nothing. I swear to whatever you believe, a normal person would actually believe that she's innocent because she can act well . “

His reaction turned a little between a monstrous anger building and bewilderment. “You can't possibly be laughing right now!" His voice rose again and as if with a quick instinct, he looked at me and caught my eyes which were following his every move . Shit . Our eyes met and stayed caught staring at each other . I wanted to move , look away , turn my back away from him but instead I found myself ceased , as if my thinking had gone numb , my brain wouldn't send a signal for my motors to actually make me move . I was stuck , caught yet again by his preying gaze. 

“ Have your moment boss.  I'll get back to you later . “ He whispered, his voice dipping lower as he abandoned the phone on the table and stood up from his seat. When he moved , I caught my breath enclosed within my throat, watching him closing the distance between us . I remained laid , without a single movement while I felt the little space beside me dipping. He sat there , his back touching my waist while his hand reached to grace over my cheek. It left a cold shiver on my skin even though his touch was warm .

I gulped when he spoke ." Had your beauty sleep , sweetheart? “he sounded maliciously sweet , his little smile too beautiful on a killer’s face . He was the definition of a beauteous Villain, his every feature so daunting and yet there was an edging allure to them . Whether it be the scar gracing his left eye or the contacts he wore to hide his real eyes . I found myself wondering what colour his orbs would be while feeling his fingers reach to hold my jaw , the presence evident yet it was a feathery hold . Almost absent yet present . 

“ Were you listening to me ?" He whispered out the question, his eyes wandering all around my face before getting stuck on my left side . I nodded , finding it hard to speak. Watching his eyes glow in a fierce manner as his thumb touched the corner of my head , intimidated me. Then I felt a pain shooting as he pressed on the spot.  I yelped which caused him to retreat from the pressure, yet Jungkook's touch remained. 

“ You shouldn't have acted…” it was as if the whisper was to himself. I, without a control in myself, ended up speaking as well . " I remember last night. “ now I do.  I failed to complete the sentence. Jungkook didn't react to my words . It simply clicked something within him which caused him to move back , his hands falling. As I watched him step up , attempting to walk away , I failed to subside a question within me .

“ You risked so much for me… “ my voice halted his steps . He did not look back but his hands turned into a fist , silently letting the words settle, as if they were incisions." Why would you do such a thing? “ I didn't understand. Why would he risk his life for a person whom he was supposed to kill ? Why would he become the saviour when he was supposed to be the Villain in my life ?

Jungkook turned , our eyes catching each other's sight instantly. A silence between us was my answer because an assassin never answers its prey probably. It birthed the wish in me to smile and I did, weak and empty , to myself as I broke the gaze and attempted to turn around only to feel the ache paralysing my movements. Even though it hurt , it turned into a necessity to look away from him . The overbrimming questions with no answers were suffocating.

If only he would answer, I wouldn't be so lost , so… vulnerable, caught in my own weary of thoughts and consideration. Even if it was related to a past I didn't remember, I would wish to know rather than die for a false accusation. Nobody seemed to understand me. 

“ I don't think you understand the effect you have on me . “ While I was about to drown in despair, the answer reached out and helped me swim with it.  Jungkook's answer came when I was the least prepared along with the cool sensation of a gel which he applied behind my neck.  I sucked in the breath and held it in for my dear life , feeling his fingers glide down to peek within the gown I was wearing . Then as soon as it started , it also ended . 

“ And it shouldn't be that way . Is that why you hate me ?" I waited for his answer ." No.. I hate you because your one action is now forcing me to feel like it shouldn't be . “ I turned back and found Jungkook's back . He wasn't facing me all that time as he spoke . Maybe because when our eyes didn't meet , we could be a little more honest with words without exposing our emotions. 

“ I want to know what I did ten years back." There was a dread which hung to my chest , contracting it in an unlikely manner . I wished to know and denied being left in an oblivion where I wasn't aware of what sin I had caused . “ I want to repent ." It was a whisper to myself which shook with fear and an unknown guilt.

Jungkook turned. For the first time his eyes weren't cold and indifferent. It had a glint of something which I couldn't quite decipher. “Help me remember. This would be my last wish before you kill me ." And then I watched his lips turn up into that very alluring smirk. It wasn't sarcastic or disbelieving . “ Fine. " Just one word and I could finally breathe . 

Can someone motivate me to continue this story because I have no motivation to write 🥲