𝐯. the heroes return, wings break free

STRENGTH
━━ act one, chapter five.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

   EVER SINCE THE ACCUSATION, NABI WAS TO BE WATCHED AT ALL TIMES. Of course, Luke had offered to be the supervisor — ensuring that he could always watch what she was doing. It drove her mad. She wasn't able to gain any evidence of her own, especially not when the culprit himself was constantly in her vicinity.

No one else, other than those present at the Senior Council Meeting, knew of Nabi and Clarisse's supposed betrayal. Luke had convinced everyone at the table to keep silent, claiming that if the rest of the demigods found out, all hell would break loose. Nabi knew better. He was biding time, keeping everything under wraps, until he revealed himself as the criminal.

Not only that, but Clarisse and Nabi were prohibited from speaking to each other. After discovering that the two had apparently worked together to steal Zeus' bolt, they were no longer allowed to do anything that might have given them reason to talk or 'scheme' alone. Rumours were circulating that they'd had a fight — everyone made sure to steer clear of Clarisse's anger that had doubled tenfold recently... though it wasn't because of Nabi.

   More so, Nabi's forthcoming deadline of leaving the camp. It was in two days... the last five of them were spent moping and uncovering absolutely nothing. How was she supposed to convince everyone who the real lightning thief was?

Nabi wasn't as angry as she was... sad. She didn't want to leave. She didn't want to be punished for a crime that wasn't on her hands. During breakfast one morning, Connor and Travis were snickering at her dishevelled appearance. Travis laughed, "Trouble in paradise?"

   "What are you talking about?" Nabi frowned, swirling the milk in her cereal.

   Connor rolled his eyes. "The whole camp's placing bets — did Clarisse do something? Is that why you're not talking? Because, no offense, but you look kinda rough."

   "No." Nabi said.

   In reality, she had laid awake at night to wait for everyone to fall asleep. Nabi had searched around Luke's bunk bed whilst they were all snoring, but there wasn't anything she could find.

   "Why do you look so gloomy, then?" Connor snorted.

   Nabi mumbled, "Just leave it."

   The two Hermes boys gave each other a look. Travis mumbled, "Y'know, Katie was telling us to 'stay away from you' yesterday, does your mood have to do with that?"

"She said that?" Nabi chewed on her food slowly, her frown deepening.

"Yeah. Actually, we overheard Pollux say a similar thing when the two were speaking." Connor shrugged. "We dunno why."

   She continued eating her breakfast in silence. Clearly, Luke's accusations had gotten into some of the counsellors' heads. She couldn't blame them, not when the proof that he'd faked was so well fabricated. Thankfully, she had the Stoll brothers. Travis grinned. "Turn that frown upside down, dude. Con-Man and I can cheer you up!"

   "Yup," Connor said, popping the 'p' and giving her a grin of his own, "how about we go pull some pranks?"

   The Stoll brothers never failed to cheer anyone up with their mischievous habits and silly ways — it was just how they were. They were probably the people who were closest to Nabi in the Hermes cabin. Nabi smiled, not being able to help it. "No way am I getting dragged into one of your pranks, guys."