𝐨. valentine's special, nabi has a date?

STRENGTH
━━ extra, valentine's day special.
┆ ° ♥ • ➵ ✩ °
( takes place a few months before the events of
the lightning thief act, in the same year )

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

   IT WAS OFFICIAL: CLARISSE WAS GOING TO SMACK A BITCH. No, really. She was ranting to Silena about a certain son of Athena, pacing back and forth, whilst the two of them were alone in the Aphrodite cabin. Clarisse was genuinely ready to punch something, more so someone — she was furious and frustrated, and she didn't even know why.

"Can you believe it?" Clarisse groaned, her head in her hands, "Nabi was asked out by that stupid Weston guy, and... and he's not even good looking or anything!"

"Mhm..." Silena hummed.

This had been going on for... a while, to say the least. Clarisse hadn't really paid attention to the time — she had barged into the cabin probably thirty minutes ago, and then instantly went off on a passionate tangent. She was thankful that Silena had made sure to shoo off the rest of her siblings to the beach earlier so that they could have 'girl talk' (Silena called it that, but Clarisse refused to admit that she liked girl talk).

What was the talk of the whole camp? The worst holiday to ever exist... Valentine's Day.

It was in a week. Every year, Camp Half-Blood had a bunch of festivities for the day — a scavenger hunt known as Aphrodite's Treasure; an archery competition with hearts on the tips of everyone's bows; Valentine's poems and gifts workshops; as well as a celebratory party hosted in the Aphrodite cabin at the end of the night. People were scurrying to find themselves their Valentine's dates, giving each other cute cards or other declarations of love. Clarisse was going on a tirade about Valentine's day, specifically about a particular person's plans for the event...

Weston O'Connell — a son of Athena, a boy with tousled brown hair and grey eyes, had recently asked Nabi out for Valentine's Day.

Clarisse wasn't really surprised since, well... Nabi is Nabi. She's so funny that Clarisse sometimes finds herself smiling about jokes the other girl had said days prior; she's so smart that Clarisse finds herself passing onto Silena little things and tiny facts that Nabi tells her; she's so pretty that Clarisse finds herself wondering how Nabi will wear her hair up when she walks into the dining pavilion on early mornings.

   What she was surprised about, though, was Nabi actually accepting to be someone's Valentine...

   Clarisse scowled, "What does she even see in him? He's shit with a blade, and— and... ugh! Gods, I don't know!"

"Mhm..." Silena hummed.

"Don't get me started on Nabi giggling about his stupid jokes— he's not even funny! What? He said some nerdy math joke and all of a sudden she's head over heels?" Clarisse continued, "I can do math, too. Big deal!"

"...Wait, was that why you had a maths textbook on your desk, like, two days ago?"

"Shut up, I'm not done," The Ares girl huffed, "when he asked her out with a bouquet of flowers, they were roses. Silena— can you fucking believe it?"

Silena raised an eyebrow, confused. "Isn't that a sweet gesture...?"

"No. Her favourite flowers are pink tulips." Clarisse grumbled. She flopped onto the bed, lying next to Silena, whilst the other girl gave her a sympathetic look that Clarisse hated. She made an aggravated noise, glaring up at Silena as she complained, "...I don't know why I'm so mad about this. I don't get jealous with Nabi's other friends... which makes this so weird."