𝐯𝐢. nabi's father finally pays a visit

STRENGTH
━━ act one, chapter six.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

   "NABI CHO-HEE, DAUGHTER OF THANATOS," Chiron murmured, "angel of the Underworld; reaper of souls; the god of peaceful death. The first of his offspring to ever exist."

   Nabi bit into a piece of ambrosia as she listened to the centaur — her, Percy, and Annabeth had made their way to Chiron as soon as Luke had disappeared into the portal. As she swallowed the substance, the cut on her wing healed up. She didn't know how to retract them yet. Did they just disappear? Would they stay on her back forever?

   They were in the Big House, with Chiron magically compacted into a wheelchair, his upper half dressed in his coat and tie. The three demigods sat opposite from him on one of the couches as Percy explained everything. Kronos had attempted to get the son of Poseidon on his side; the Titan Lord was using Luke to help him awaken; he planned to overthrow the gods. Percy even spoke of how the lightning bolt was stolen to divide the gods, and how it was also an attempt to get the weapon in the Titan Lord's possession.

Chiron sighed as he stroked his beard, and said, "This must be reported to Olympus. I will go at once."

   "What about us?" Percy asked. "We can't just sit back and do nothing. Luke is out there, somewhere."

   Annabeth mumbled, weakly, "He was never the same after his quest — the one that gave him the scar..."

   "We will not sit back," Chiron promised, stroking his beard, "but you must be careful. Kronos wants you to come unraveled, Percy. He wants your life disrupted, your thoughts clouded with fear and anger. Do not give him what he wants. Train patiently. Your time will come."

   The centaur turned to Nabi, a grave expression still on his face as he continued his lecture. "You must be careful also, Nabi. Now that your godly parent has been revealed... he may want you on his side too."

   He wheeled himself out of the room, leaving Nabi, Percy, and Annabeth to sit for a while — collecting their own thoughts. Nabi didn't want anything to do with Kronos. She felt her stomach churn at the idea of him, sneering and attempting to persuade her onto the Titans' side. She'd never accept. Percy snapped her out of her thoughts as he turned to the two with a grateful smile. "Thanks for saving me, both of you."

"That's what friends are for, right?" Annabeth said.

"Yeah. Friends." Percy's smile grew into a grin, like the word was some sort of inside joke between him and Annabeth. Then he shook his head, and said to Nabi, "Thanks for your help back there also — the wings are awesome. If it weren't for you, Luke could've injured me badly... we're friends too, right?"

Nabi's wings fluttered at his words, like a happy bird grateful for his praise and friendship. Her cheeks flushed pink as she gave him a smile in return. "Uhm, I didn't know my wings did that... but of course we're friends, Percy. Don't worry about it."

They all seemed exhausted, but Luke's betrayal had cut them deep enough to prevent sleep. Percy mumbled, "I don't think he actually wanted to kill me."

"No," Nabi agreed, "he just... let it all get to him. He still cares about all of us. Everything he did was out of fear of— of being punished by the gods and hurt by Kronos. Luke's suffering."