𝐨. nabi's birthday special, ft. an evil cat

STRENGTH
━━ extra, nabi's birthday special.
┆ ° ♥ • ➵ ✩ °
( takes place after the events of the lightning thief,
before the sea of monsters )

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

   SILENA WAS BAKING HER FAMOUS BROWNIES WHEN DISASTER STRUCK... and by disaster, she meant the Stoll brothers.

She was in the Big House's kitchen, getting the ingredients ready to prepare a lovely batch of some homemade goods. What for? Nabi's fourteenth birthday was tomorrow; February twentieth. All of her friends, Silena included, were scrambling to sort out their presents.

They would've held a party, but the campers were actually banned from hosting birthday parties — there were too many of them, and before the rule was made, Connor and Travis had accidentally set fire to the Hephaestus cabin (a building that was supposed to be fireproof...) on Beckendorf's birthday two years ago.

They were always the root of the problem, apparently.

   Silena had a cute pair of blue, fluffy slippers she'd bought Nabi, as well as her batch of brownies she was currently making — she made them every year for the occasion, since they were her friend's favourite.

   As she was measuring out the amount of flour she needed, Connor and Travis burst into the kitchen. As previously stated: the root of all problems. Silena blinked, "Hey guys—"

   "HELP!" Travis yelled.

   Silena put the measuring spoons on the counter, and gave them an exasperated look. "What'd you guys do?"

   "Okay, first off," Connor placed a hand on his hip, "why do you think we've did something?"

   "You guys are always doing something." Silena deadpanned.

   Connor pursed his lips, and opened his mouth to protest, but merely shrugged and said, "Fair."

   "Anyways," Travis butted in, "we may or may not have... uh..."

   "Have...?" Silena gestured for him to go on.

   "We set a demon cat on the loose!" Connor blurted out, "It's this really cute, ginger cat. But don't let that— that beast fool you! It's insane. We were gonna gift Nabi a new pet, so we got one and it turns out it's literally Hades spawn!"

   "What?" Silena said, "Have you even asked Mr. D or Chiron for permission to bring in an animal?"

   "Uhm, no..." Connor shrugged, "but Malcolm from the Athena cabin has a pet owl, and we're pretty sure that Miranda used to have, like... a pet gorilla somewhere in the woods."

   "What."

"We're literally demigods," Travis said, waving a hand dismissively, "that's probably on the bottom of the crazy scale."

"Where'd Miranda even get one from?" Silena asked, "How did she get Chiron and Mr. D to even approve of a gorilla...?"

Connor blinked. "They didn't."

" . . . "

" . . . "

"Okay," Travis clapped his hands, "moving on — we need help catching it. If Mr. D or Chiron get to the cat before we do, then we're fucked."