Play The Game

Amara spent either all her time in front of the screen studying Katniss Everdeen or in the hospital at Mags' side

She watched as Katniss heard the announcement that two tributes could win. She watched as the girl searched desperately for a boy that announced to the world that he was in love with her. She watched as she held him. She watched as she kissed him, fed him soup, and did everything possible to keep them alive.

She watched the terrible performance she was putting on, and chuckled to herself every time the two tried to do something romantic.

"It's just a show," Finnick said as they stared at the screen together. They each held one of Mags' hands in their own, and were growing more terrified for the woman as each hour and day went by. She still hadn't waken up, and the doctors had no idea why.

"I know," Amara said. "It's all about staying alive, right?"

She glanced over at Finnick. He once told her that no one ever wins the games, and that even the Capitol is all one big game to him.

She hoped he never saw her that way. She hoped that whatever game he was forced into playing every time he came to the Capitol, that she was not apart of it.

"He's dying," Finnick said. She knew it too. In fact, the entire country knew that Peeta Mellark was dying. "Do you think it's odd that the Heiress hasn't sent anything this year?"

"Maybe she retired," Amara said as she continued to stare at the couple in front of her. If Katniss and Peeta didn't pull off the star-crossed lovers from District Twelve act, they were going to be demolished by the Capitol.

The good news was that everyone here seemed to be falling in love alongside them. The bad news was that if Amara was becoming disenchanted by their romance, then the rest of the Capitol would soon follow.

"I can't believe they're allowing two victors this year," Amara muttered as the screen bounced to the different pairs. Finnick snorted beside her.

"They'll get down to the remaining two and suddenly change their mind."

Amara studied the two. Perhaps Thirteen could use a symbol of unity. The first pair of victors in Hunger Games history.

Coin would like that.

Coin would like any plan that meant she wasn't putting her faith in a teenager nicknamed "Girl on Fire."

If that was the case, Peeta Mellark needed to be kept alive, and their little romance needed more chemistry. They needed to do a lot better than they were doing now.

Amara waited until a nurse came in to check on Mags before she stepped out of the room. She pulled out her tablet and sent the money off. All she had to do was wait and hope she wasn't making a terrible decision.

**

When they announced that there would be a feast, Amara wondered if her money would go to waste. Clearly the medicine that Peeta needed would be apart of that feast. Katniss seemed to think so too, which is why she was so desperate to get to it.