Prologue: In The Fury Of The Wind

Medford Memorial Hospital, Conyers, Georgia.....(1957)

      High winds had been blowing for quite some time as massive swollen clouds of the darkest grey had taken to looming above the small town of Keedon, Georgia. There was talk about a possible tornado as many a red alert and concerned citizens opted to be better safe than sorry in the wake of preparedness when it came to the storm. One such citizen had not been of the mind to prepare for a slow approaching tempest such as the one brewing right outside the hospital walls, as she'd been wheeled rather swiftly past the large glass doors of the entrance to a hospital, drenched from head to toe with sweat that caused her long blonde locks to stick to her face and forehead as the gurney she was transported on zipped down the winding white corridor with numerous doctors and nurses rushing by to input a good deal of information and get her assistance as quickly as possible. She was a young lass, One that should have been of the mind to have better things to do besides showing up to a hospital heavily pregnant and alone as she fought to stay conscious during the numerous and rather painful contractions.

Fortunately for her, the doctors had been experts but even they couldn't have foreseen the complications that would arise with her rather difficult pregnancy. The doctors had been all on edge as with a lot of the nurses that had been assigned to this particular case as the risk and stakes had been always on everyone's mind.

"Patient just in, sixteen years of age, blonde hair blue eyes, about 5'4 with severe distress and rapid firing contractions." said one of the doctors looking over her file.

His name had been Doctor Edwin S. Sharpe.

He'd been the leading Physician at Medford Memorial Hospital in Conyers, Georgia. His specialty had been why he'd been assigned to this new arrival right off the bat. He had his team get the expecting mother ready as he and his colleagues discussed the issues of the birth in a private section of the hospital and his nursing staff had gotten her into the proper room. He had not been too keen on this delivery but knew all too well from the looks of her that she'd been pregnant with twins. Her belly was larger than the rest of her body and there was a chance that she might not make it given the strain on her already heavily taxed system.

The weather outside had been none too ideal as the constantly brewing storm had been fast approaching and her having been caught in it wasn't ideal for her condition.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The Delivery Room, Medford Memorial Hospital, Conyers, Georgia.....(1957)

Sweat poured down in waves along the forehead of the screaming young blonde as she felt only intense pain in the wake of her contractions and the subsequent birthing process that would bring her unborn twins into the big wide world. She had been a curiously unwed young woman and seemed to have been unable to do much about her diet when it came to carrying her children. She'd been quite thin and ghastly pale all things considered and to make matters worse, her young age had not been an ideal condition to bring forth one child, let alone two at the same time. The nurses did all they could as the doctor had instructed them, she screamed louder and louder the more intense the pain had gotten. As far as anyone knew, she was all alone in the world. The identification she had on her had been of the name Simmons, Caroline Simmons and she was quite far from home if her card had been any indication. They had deduced that she'd been a runaway and had an odd bit of misfortune before winding up pregnant and eventually showing up at their hospital.

The poor girl had not a penny to her name as she turned up desperately in need of assistance and they had immediately done what they could for her. She seemed to want her children, the possibly only beings in the world that had been her only family as she screamed in the wake of another series of rapid-fire contractions.