Chapter 12: A Fond Little Father-Son Road Trip

Chapter 12:  A Fond Little Father-Son Road Trip

The Master Bedroom, The Talton Residence, West Pasture, Keedon, Georgia (1992)...

        Gleeful baby blue eyes of a blissfully happy Wilma Jean Talton met those all too familiar electrifyingly dark orbs that had belonged to none other than her husband J.W. Talton. She had been more than pleased that he'd elected to spend as much quality time with her as possible with their son Whitman away at school. They found themselves with a good deal of freedom for said quality time making it to qualify as quantity. She'd left J.W. breathless and he had been more than satisfied when it came to their usual romps between the sheets. The implication that their shared goal of having another baby seemed to make their encounters all the more intense. J.W. seemed to delight in spending as much time with her as possible since his absence. Her messy flowing yellow hair and fair complexion were quite the contrast between him and his unkempt dark locks even amid their tangled sheets. 

They shared a series of kisses at the end of their act and opted to rest up for a bit before having to turn their attention back to the world around them. Lounging had been easier said than done as the sound of the nearby telephone had gotten their collective attention. J.W. sighed as Wilma Jean moved to answer it pulling the reviewer up to her ear as she sat up in bed with her back pressed against the fancy lining of pillows behind her. She pulled the sheet up to her chest as she took notice of the voice on the other end of the line, which had belonged to her younger brother. 

"Bobby Joe?" she asked noting his apparent distress as it had gotten J.W.'s attention. 

{"Hey Sis, I need a favor, is J.W. around at all?"} asked her brother on the other line. {"Roy's dumbass fucked up and got himself arrested while we were doing a haul and I need somebody to cover for his ass, tell J.W. that I'll pay upfront for the favor if he can manage it."}

Wilma Jean turned her attention to J.W. who had been slightly annoyed at the interruption and he'd barely gotten back in town before some crisis had been taking place. He watched his wife with a good deal of consideration before taking the phone from her as she handed it to him. 

"Make this quick I'm more fond of your sister's tits than listening to you babble about that idiot I told you not to do business with," said J.W. unsure why his brother-in-law had been calling him.  

Wilma Jean narrowed her eyes at J.W. before punching him in the chest and pulling the bedsheet higher than it was on her chest only for him to yank it down and pull her into another heated kiss while Bobby Joe went on with his story. He had largely considered hanging up given his newly restored arousal when it came to Wilma Jean but knew it was for the sake of family so he agreed to help assist him. 

"Alright calm down hell Bobby Joe I'll be there when I can," replied J.W. rolling his eyes after noting Wilma Jean had been smiling at him for agreeing to assist her baby brother. 

{"Thanks J.W.....and don't tell Daddy and Wade, they already give me enough shit about Roy as it is."}  Bobby Joe pleaded. 

"They ain't gonna hear about it from me," J.W. assured him before hanging up. 

Bobby Joe muttered something about J.W. being his favorite brother-in-law before the phone clicked and J.W. turned his attention back to Wilma Jean and another heated kiss before reluctantly pulling back the sheets and venturing toward the bathroom to shower and get dressed to meet his brother-in-law. He had neglected to tell Wilma Jean that it had been a few days worth of work and would take up the weekend to finish. 

Somehow she figured it out and wasn't too pleased but added a few stipulations of her own once she'd been privy to him not telling her. She and J.W. filed into the shower together where they took advantage of their remaining quality time before getting dressed. She prepared dinner for herself and packed a duffle bag up as well as ensured J.W. had properly packed his own.