2

5 years later...

At Zac's house

Zac: Now you know she hates when you're late.

Fatima: I know I'm sorry my court case ran over a little late. Did you cover for me?

Zac: Hell no. it's one thing for her to be mad at you for being late. It's a whole other thing for her to be mad at me for lying trying to protect you.

Fatima: Wow you're such a scary cat and to think I used to cover for you with uncle Derrick and aunt Teressa, every time you told them you were going to my house when instead you were really sneaking off to some girl's house.

Zac: That's not even the same thing. When she came in, the first thing she asked for was you. So I hope you brought something with you to smooth things over with her.

Fatima: you know I did.

Zac: good now come on. she's waiting.

Fatima: No wait. I'm not ready yet

Zac: and I'm the scary one?

Fatima: I'm not scared. It's just-

Zac: you're scared.

Fatima: Zac shut the hell up.

Zac: (smiles) Ok... Princess look who's here.

Fatima: Oh I'm getting you back for this.

Zac: yea yea whatever get your ass in there.

Zac pushed Fatima towards the kitchen.

Kennedy: who is it daddy

Zac: TT Tima finally made it.

Kennedy: Oh

Kennedy rolled her eyes and went back to coloring.

Zac: ooh that had to hurt.

"shut up" Fatima mouthed to Zac. Zac snickered and went back to cooking.

Fatima: hey Peanut.

Kennedy continued to ignore Fatima.

Fatima: I'm sorry that I am late, but daddy-

Zac: But daddy nothing. Don't put me in your excuse. Family night is at the same time and on the same day every week.

Fatima: You're not helping.

Zac: I'm just saying.

Fatima rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Kennedy.

Fatima: what can TT do to make it up to you?

Kennedy remained silent. Fatima was beginning to feel really bad. She hates to disappoint her niece. She looked at Zac for help.

Zac: Man I was enjoying you begging. Ok Princess that's enough. I think we got her (laughs)

Fatima: what?

Kennedy: (giggles) daddy told me to pretend like I was mad at you.

Fatima: you get on my nerves.

Fatima started walking towards Zac, but Zac took off running around the kitchen island. Fatima chased after him. Kennedy just sat there laughing, enjoying her father and Aunt playing around.

Kennedy: (still laughing) run daddy run.

Fatima: oh you're still helping him. I got something for you.

Fatima went over to Kennedy. She began tickling her as she laid kisses on both sides of her cheeks.

Kennedy: (pushing Fatima's hands off of her) ok ok TT