Can of Worms

•••

•••

Steam filled the clouded air, baths are always the best time of the day for me.

The complete quiet, time away from all the loudmouths.

All of it is perfect except the feeling of my heart trying to leap straight out of my chest. This place is literally trying to kill me out here.

Unlike the feeling fading, as it normally has for the past few hours it stayed. A rough thumping erupted from the middle of my chest.

The green orb was back. Annoyingly.

“Do you need something?” I ask out loud, my voice bouncing around the room, echoing. A sound of alert came from outside the door along with quick footsteps leading away.

The orb on my chest faded along with the sound.

“Jeez.” stupid light.

___

Humming a small tune my peaceful travel through the hall was interrupted by arguing from another room.

Well that and my chest practically lurched to be in there.

Sliding the door open the only thing I could see were the angry faces of the ninja, and Wu standing besides Lloyd.

Zane’s uniform was now pink.

“Oh! Y/n” At the mention of my the child flinched hiding behind Wu a bit more.

I wonder what he did.

“I like your outfit.” Cole instantly compliments.

“Awe thank you, I thought a nice purple would be beautiful today-” They're getting too used to sidetracking me by giving me a simple compliment. “Wait, what's going on?”

“Sensei Wu put this brat up to mess with our stuff!” Kai answers crossing his arms.

“Oh-” I glanced over to the two, “What exactly is that supposed to teach?”

“I wanted to show them the destructive power of rumors and that jumping to conclusions can only lead to trouble.”

Cole sat his hand on my shoulder, “Todays lesson was lame.”

“Yeah, why can't you just teach us to paralyze your enemy with one finger, or find out if a man is lying by the twitch of his nose?” Jay asks pouting.

Wu scratched his cheek, “Because not all lessons are about fighting. And I misplaced my lesson book.”

Lloyd smiled innocently, even though the lesson book in his back pocket was easy for me to see.

“Someone found it.” I mutter causing Kai to step towards him and swipe it away.

“It was the perfect plan until you have to show up and mess everything up—” Cole closes the door on Lloyd muffling his childishness.