Darkness Shall Rise

•••

•••

Get off of me, you weirdo”

Lloyd whined, tugging at my dirty dress, “wait! I have something for you.”

With a groan, I turned around to look at him, annoyance tugged at my features.

He had a thin small box in hand. He pushed it into my hands, excitement was obvious on his face.

“Okay okay.” I lifted the top off, revealing a deep blue article of clothing. Silk like texture. “How did you-”

Removing it, I hold it in my arms, taking care of it. Beautiful.

“You were complaining… so.”

Was I? In the last 24 hours, I probably only mentioned it once.

“I mean… yours is a mess-”

And now I'm being insulted.

“Not that it's bad… I just-”

“I can't help but notice the low neckline. There wouldn't happen to be a reason?” An innocent reason?

His cheeks flush red, looking down “You're light… is really pretty to look at.”

Ah… he's lucky he's a cute kid. But he's only seen it once, the day he found out he was the green ninja. It's not something you just keep in your head.

What a little weirdo.

“It's beautiful, thank you, Lloyd.” I mutter, ruffling his hair a bit, feeling his body tremble under my touch.

I'll be honest, although it was against my code to even set my hands on him, he's weirdly managed to swindle his through those gates.

He smiled, looking away from me.

“Lloyd! Y/n!” Cole calls waving his hand.

“Come on, we're going shopping.” Jay announced.

___

House shopping, we were going house shopping.

Our ‘agent’ Patty Keys opens the door to a worn-down apartment.

“This one-bedroom, one-half-bath is a cozy dream. Who needs extras when everything is in arm's reach? Now, wait until you see the lighting.” She turns on the light, but the bulb flickers, burns out, and falls to the ground. “Uh, who needs lights when you have this view? Heh.” She opens the window blinds, but the view was actually a brick wall.

“It's homey?” I ask, crossing my arms

Lloyd covers his non-existent nose, “Uh, why do I smell old people?”

Patty looks over to him, annoyed, “Look, doll. I'm trying to work around your budget. This is all you can afford.”

Okay, there's no need for the attitude,  thank you.