All Of Nothing

•••

•••

The void.

“I haven't been here in a while.”

Without any source of light, it feels as if I have no body. Just my existence, in a dark room.

Just as the thought passed, the green orb became my nightlight.

I'm starting to get tired of being here.

Turning around, I came face to face with Lloyd.

Which may sound normal since the whole thing has been revealed, but normally, it's his grown self in the green ninja outfit.

Not the kid version.

A light the same size of mine, like one of those small bouncy balls at an arcade, was about a few centimeters outside of his chest.

“Y/n?”

Being able to see my own light this time, it was obvious, seeing it flicker brighter, like a flame, and pull me closer to the character.

The weird feeling was back, practically hammering against my chest.

“You've never talked before.” I mutter, balling my fist around the orb, yanking it back.

Lloyd's face frowned at my action, “Come here.”

“Excuse me? Who the hell-” Even though I held it, my feet dragged against the ground being pulled along with the glowly dot. “Stop!”

“Why are you always so distant with me?”

Being within a few inches away, the force on my body finally stopped.

“I don't… I don't want thi…” my sentence trailed off, “I don't deserve this.” my mind couldn't help but blurt the truth out. Leaving me vulnerable for him to see.

His hand grabbed mine, and a strong pulse of electricity pulsed through the connection. Surprised, I instantly pulled away.

I've never felt… that's never happened.

He reached out for my hand again, slowly this time. “You don't deserve a friend?”

Right- the innocence of a child.

“That-... Am I talking to the actual… you?” This seems a bit too real. More real than it had been before.

His hand touched mine again, and the two lights between us flared like gasoline being lit.

He stood to his tippy toes, watching as the two orbs circled each other.

“Stop-” i mutter, starting to back away.

“Stay” the light flickered, stopping me in my place. He pushed his light closer to mine. It was like watching osmosis when mine was swallowed by his.