Pirates vs. Ninja

•••

•••

Last night was… mind-boggling.

So much happened, and yet barely any words were exchanged. Mainly because the brat kept reading my thoughts instead!

“I'm not a brat!” Lloyd shouts, punching Kai's hands, which were covered by oven mitts.

“No one said you were?” Jay mutters, looking around at us.

See, now you sound crazy.

Kai ignored the confusion, “Good, keep it up.”

“Ha! Fists of fury! Unh! You can't even see 'em move, I'm so fast! Ha!” The kid is a huge gloater.

“Save the gloating. It can only be used against you by your enemy.”

“Oh, please. I'm ready to face whatever you throw at me.” Lloyd kicks Kai’s hands, effectively throwing him backward into the wall.

“Whoa, grasshopper. You're not even ready to face my pinky toe.” He wiggles his left foot to emphasize his point.

I'm seeing dad material. Well, that or a good big brother.

“I see the student has become the teacher. You will learn fast, Lloyd, with lessons from the four ninja.” Wu strokes his beard.

Cole held up a bow, “Great, now that lesson is over, how about some target practice… on Kai?”

“Threatening me with a good time?” I joke, leaning back against the counter.

Wu shook his head, “You'll each get your turn, but first, I don't want you to be late for your next lesson with Nya.”

“Aww, but when will I learn Spinjitzu?”

“Patience. It will only be unlocked when the key is ready to be found.” Sensei sighs.

Lloyd groans, starting to walk away.

“Sounds familiar” I grin, glancing at Kai.

“I wasn't that whiny.”

“Y/n, let's go!” Lloyd called back to me.

My feet sliding against the ground was barely recognized while trying to shake the tremble coursing through my body at the mention of my name.

“You don't even need me!” I whine back, being pulled along with him.

_

Nya pets the Ultra Dragon, “Now that I've given him his medicine, he should be able to fly properly soon. But it's important to take care of him because one day, he'll be yours.”

“Uh, mine. Really!” Lloyd asks, looking up surprised.

“Sure. The elemental Dragons were loyal to the four ninja. But Ultra Dragon, he's meant for the Green Ninja to ride.”