Chapter 22

Hajime's pov;
"I know almost everything, fifty kids were used in illegal cage fighting but twenty one of you got out that includes you while the other twenty nine died, you were fifteen years old when you escaped but became homeless at sixteen cause your home being burned down. You and the other kids were abused badly and neglected from not having your parents attention or care. I read it in news articles online and saw the interviews from you kids in documents, I did research on you... I'm right, aren't I?" I asked. Number 07 looks away from my eyes.

"He called it, correct punishment. Him and other men would do whatever, they want with us." Number 07 said.

Uno's pov;
"Did you know that?" Nico whispered.

"No.. But that explains how Tb/n can fight and the nightmares he's having.  His reliving the past." Jyugo whispered

"Tb/n," I mumbled, as I feel bad for him. I had no idea, he had this on his shoulders and back.

Nico gasped quietly. "No way,".

My eyes widen to Hajime hugging Tb/n. "Woah, Hajime is actually nice." I whispered.

Y/n's pov;
"If you tell anyone this, I'm punching you.. This comes from me not as a guard but as an older brother... I'm sorry what happened to you and the other kids, it wasn't easy. But Nanba doesn't punish inmates for losing a game, prison inmate or not. You're safe here, Sammy can't get you here and if he does, he has to get through me and millions of guards." Hajime whispered.

"How do you know about Sammy?" I asked.

"You mentioned it at the cafeteria once and Dean told me after I questioned him. Your reaction tells me everything, I needed to know." Hajime said. He lets go of me then opens the cell door. "You can go in now.".

I walked into my cell and stopped to cellmates standing there with concern written on their faces. "Uh.. How much did you guys hear?" I asked, as I'm getting worried that they have different views of me.

"All of it." Jyugo said.

Nico walks up to me. "Uh, listen.. It's not a big deal really, it happened a long time ago.. If me being in the cell bothers you guys, I can leave. I understand if you don't want someone like me in your cel-" Nico hugs me.

"You don't turn your back on friends, not even you." Nico said.

"Yeah, until you guys find out, I've been lying to you this whole time." I thought, before looking at Nico still hugging me. I didn't know what to do, so I gently pat his head, and he pulls away from me. "Try not to make a big deal out of it, I don't like attention or people giving me self pity." I gave them a tiny smile and went over to my spot of the cell so I can read my book in peace.

~Next day~

"Okay, I'll bite. Why are we in a empty sad room?" I asked.

"This my friend will be my game room." Uno said.

"Okay? But there's nothing here." I said.

"He said, he has stuff coming soon with other friends." Rock said.

"Huh?" I asked.