A cold - Part 1

"Three people don't just lose their minds at the same time. There's gotta be a reason."

Jim and Liam was walking with you and Elisabeth through the market.

"What kind of work were they doing out there?" Jim asks.

"Standard field research." You tell him.

Liam takes the box you were carrying for you, and you smile in gratitude.

"It's nothing dangerous." Elisabeth reassures them.

"Yeah? Then why hasn't anyone heard from them in the last 72 hours?" Jim asks her.

"That's what we're going there to find out. Stop worrying." Elisabeth tells him.

"Taylor says we'll probably be back before dinner." You tell them, trying to reassure him.

"Well, you better be, because that Reynolds kid is coming a-courting tonight." Jim tells his wife and Liam laughs a little.

"Don't make fun. I think it's really sweet the way he's going about things the old-fashioned way." Elisabeth says.

Liam look at you to see what you think. You just chuckle at the thought of how smitten Reynolds is with Maddy, it's cute.

"Well, I think it's weird." Jim says.

"I'm telling you, it's a tech situation, not a science situation. The signals been spotty out in that area for weeks. I'm sure it's just a downed comm relay, but if I need you, I will let you know." Taylor tell's Malcolm, trying to keep his cool but he's clearly annoyed with him.

"They're my people out there. I should be going with you. I'll take my own rover."

"Don't worry, Malcolm! I'll be your eyes out there." You tell him, with a salute. He sighs.

"You'll get a full report." Elisabeth says chuckling at you.

"Thank you, Elisabeth." Malcolm says and you throw your hands up.

Malcolm just runs off before you can say anything. You look after him annoyed.

"Lieutenant Washington is in command while I'm off colony. You need anything, you talk to her." Taylor tells Jim and Liam. "Alright, let's go."

"Can I drive?" You ask. Taylor gives you a look and you give him an unamused one back.

He gives the key to Brady, the soldier who's coming with and you roll your eyes. They all just chuckle at you as you get in the car with a small huff. Taylor had taught you to drive, but hadn't let you drive often afterwards.

"Alright, be safe." Jim tells his wife and kisses her.

"Whoa, my wedding ring." She then realises.

"You probably took it off before surgery this morning." You tell her.

"Right. Um, could you stop by the hospital and pick it up for me? It should be in my scrub locker, I think." Elisabeth asks her husband.

"Uh, sure." He says.

"Unless you left it inside a patient." You joke and Jim looks at you with slightly wide eyes, as Elisabeth and Liam chuckles.

Elisabeth gives Liam a hug before leaving to get in the seat next to you.

Brady drives off wit you, Taylor and Elisabeth. Liam and Jim then see Malcolm by his rover.

"So they give you your own rover, huh?" Jim says as they come up to him.