A Days Worth of Hunting

"Yeah," AJ said and looked up at Clementine and I, and Marlon picked up the map off the table before handing it to Clementine. "Take this, I don't want you guys gettin' lost," He said and Clementine took the paper, her eyes glancing it over. "Thanks," she said and continued to look at it, before folding it up and putting it in her pocket.

"We need all hands on deck if we're going to find any more food," Marlon said and walked around the desk. "Just remember to stay in the safe zone. We need you to come back home in one piece." He stopped before us and AJ looked up at him with a smile.

"So that means we can stay?" He asked, and I leaned against the desk.

"I'm sure it does," I chuckled and looked down at him, before back at Marlon.

"What, did you think I was gonna throw you out?" Marlon asked with a chuckle.

AJ looked down for a minute, and then back up at Marlon. "...maybe."

"Well, as long as we have enough to eat, you three are welcome here." Marlon said to ease AJ's worries. Clementine turned and looked down at AJ with a smile as Marlon took another step closer and raised his hand for a high five.

"Go get 'em, AJ," He said with a smile.

AJ grinned and returned the high five, before Clementine spoke. "Alright. Let's get going," She said to AJ and I stood up from my leaning position. AJ then proceeded to run out of the room.

"See you around," Marlon said with a smile and rested his hands on his hips as he looked at Clementine and I. Clementine gave Marlon a small nod before she turned and made her way to the door.

"Could I, uh, talk to you for a sec, Y/N?" Marlon then asked as I was about to follow after Clementine. I turned and looked over my shoulder at him and gave a small nod before I looked back at Clementine who was watching Marlon and I.

"Go ahead and find AJ and the other two, I'll meet up with you in a minute," I told her and she nodded, before walking out of the room. After she left, I turned around and faced Marlon, curious about what he wanted me for. "So, what is it?" I asked him and crossed my arms in a casual manner.

"You didn't know Clementine before yesterday, did you?" Marlon asked and sat on the desk, his tone was curious.

I stood there for a moment—unsure of what to say...technically I do, but she wouldn't know that. "No," I said and raised a brow. "Why do you ask?"

"I ask because..." Marlon said and trailed off, before finding his words. "Because you seem so close to her and AJ. Maybe you guys just naturally get along or something, but y'know?" He said and looked at me.

"Yeah, I get what you're trying to say," I told him with a small smile. "I just feel like we have a connection. I don't know how or why, but I can just tell."

Marlon nodded with a smile and stood up with a stretch. "Well, that's all I wanted to ask...I better let you get to them before they take off."

"Yeah, I'll see you later." I said and made my way to the door, putting my hand on the doorknob before Marlon spoke up from behind me.

"One last thing, Y/N—" He began and I turned to look at him, "When are you gonna show off your guitar skills, hm?"

I chuckled and sighed after. "Maybe later after we get back. Were Louis and Violet talking about it?" I asked and he gave a nod. "Figures." I said before turning back to the door. "Anyways, later."

I proceeded to walk out of the room and down the hall, making my way to the first floor and out of the admin building. I saw Clementine, Louis, AJ, and Aasim waiting by the gate and I ran over. "Alright! I'm here, let's go." I said and smiled.