Clementine's Dream

The scene opened up with trees and tall grass flying by as the soft rattle of the train rumbled. A younger version of Clementine sat on the edge of the platform, legs dangling out of the open boxcar door. Her hair was recently cut and tied back in poofy pigtails, and she wore an off-white short sleeve dress. Underneath she wore a long sleeve shirt that had orange and yellow stripes repeating with maroon colored leggings and black flats. She stared down with her hands folded in her lap as a tall familiar figure emerged from the shadows of the boxcar. The man had dark skin, short black hair with a small beard. He wore a blue button up with a stained white long sleeve shirt underneath and dark tan jeans and brown boots. He also had a silver wrist watch on his left wrist. The man looked down at the younger Clementine, before he spoke.

"Hey, sweet pea," The man said, his voice deep and rough—but also soft and gentle.

"Lee?" Clementine asked, her voice soft and childlike. She looked up at the man who stood beside her.

Lee sat down beside Clementine, his legs also hanging from the open boxcar door. He rested his arms on his knees as he looked over with a wide smile. "Why the train? You always pick the train," he said with a light chuckle.

Clementine looked down, taking a moment to think before she responded. "I'm not sure. Maybe because this is where it all started," she said and looked over at Lee with a small smile...yet her expression looked pained. She then looked away. "Where you taught me to shoot, and to cut my hair. To be ready for what's coming."

Lee watched Clementine without a word, before he looked out at the moving scenery with a hum. "You were a quick study," he said. Clementine looked over, looking a little worried before her brow furrowed and she looked back down. "So, what's on your mind this time?" He asked, looking over at her.

Clementine gently swayed her head, her expression remained how it looked before. "I'm worried, Lee. I've got a lot of people depending on me, and I don't know if what I'm doing is right."

Lee listened to Clementine's concerns, before his gaze shifted back to the scenery. "Oh, I know that feeling," he replied. "You know I was making it up as I went along, right?" He looked over at her with a smile. Clementine looked up at him. "Couldn't let on, of course," he sighed. "With you being so little."

"I never noticed," Clementine said and looked down at her lap and Lee looked over. "It just felt like you always knew the right thing to do," she continued and looked up at Lee again.

Lee smiled a little with a soft laugh, "Yeah, well, I got lucky," he continued to grin. "Luck counts for a lot."

Clementine looked forward, soaking in his words before her gaze shifted downward. "I'm going to need some now."

"You wanna tell me what you're up against?" Lee asked, his gentle gaze watching her.

Her head rose and she stared at him, before her head shifted and she watched the trees whirr by. "I'm with a new group now. And I've been in...so many...and they always fall apart, but I really like this one," she explained and looked up at Lee again. "It's...different." She looked away again. "It almost feels like home." She smiled.

Lee nodded with his unwavering smile. "That's a good thing. It's hard to be alone out there," he said.

"But we're in trouble," Clementine quickly continued. "Some bad people captured my friends, and getting them back might get the rest of us killed."

Lee's brow furrowed a bit, before it straightened back out and he continued to smile, "I'm not worried," he told her and looked over.

Clementine's eyes widened in a bit of surprise as she stared at him, she blinked and shook her head a bit. "What?" She asked in confusion.