we balance eachother.

"What? How?"

"I can't do this without you Walker. I'm so used to having you around and then you just left me."

His arms tighten. "I'm sorry. It's hard for me too. I miss being with you. But when I see videos of you getting drunk at a party it's a little concerning y/n."

"Why do you care?" 

"Because I'm practically in love with you y/n. We balance each other out."

"So why can't we be together?" I pull my head away and look at him.

"I just...I just don't want to put you in situations where you get accused of stuff. Or where people don't like you because you're dating me. I had no romantic feelings for Leah at all in Percy Jackson and some people hated her because they thought I did. I can't imagine the backlash you'd get."

"I don't care. Walker I need you in my life."

"I think I need you in mine too."

Another hug. I feel like I could have managed a kiss if I wasn't just puking up like six cans of beer.

He helps me stand up. "Why don't you take a shower? It'll help get rid of some of the like...uh beer-ie smell. Yeah, that's definitely not a word." We both laugh.

"Okay, I'll be back." He shuts the bathroom door.

I strip off my pajamas and get into my shower.

The hot water runs all over my body. I take soap to every single bit of my skin. I scrub my hair with the shampoo. I run conditioner over it next.

When I get out of the shower my skin is almost pink from the heat. I wrap a towel around my body. It's pretty long, down right above my knees.

I brush my teeth quickly. The room is STEEMY.

I release the stem of the bathroom by opening the door.

I walk out and immediately stumble back "WALKER SCOBELL! A LITTLE WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE!" he's sitting on my bed. He looks up at me. 

"Why? What'd I do?" He's innocently clueless.

"I'm practically naked!" 

"You have a towel on! Sorry!" He covers his eyes.

"Let me get changed. One minute." I grab a black tank top and some jean shorts.

"Please don't look."

"Of course not. Why would I do that? I'm not gonna do something like that, you know that." I drop the towel and put my clothes on.

"You done yet?" 

"Just finished."

He takes his hands off his eyes. "Nice." He looks me up and down.

"How are you not cold?" 

"Full of surprises." I wink at him in a corny way.

"Okay then!" He laughs then gets serious for a second.

"You feel any better?"

"Now that you're here." My flirting attempts are kinda funny at this point.

"Y/n." He sighs

"Walker." I mock his sigh and sit down on my bed next to him. His arm slowly moves so it's wrapping around me. I lean my head onto his shoulder.

We just sit and enjoy each others presence.

Okay I have to ask. "What are we?"

He opens his mouth but stays quiet. "Can I...be your boyfriend?" He asks timidly.

"Can I be your girlfriend?" I ask back while I move my face close to his.

We're so close. I can feel his breath. He smells like mint gum. His face moves close to mine.

I part my lips slightly, implying I want him to kiss me.

He takes the hint and puts his lips on mine for a second. Best second of my life.

He tastes good. His lips are soft too.

He pulls his lips back and moves his eyes over my body. I feel my face get hot.

I move back and he smiles.

"First kiss?" He asks,

"Yeah. Yours?" 

"Yep."