S1: E5 Studs

I am in a good mood today. Why? Tyler finally confronted Dad about his cancer diagnosis and it turns out it went better than expected. In fact, the only thing that would ruin my mood today is if we lose any of our patients. Even the traffic was on my side today. I find myself grinning as I get my uniform on. My mood is almost euphoric. I say almost as I know that there is always something that can go wrong. As soon as I am ready I head to the ambulance.

"Someone's a ball of sunshine," Tim teases as I join him.

"At least I am in a good mood. Let's get the inventory done as soon as possible," I retorted, diverting his attention away from my unusually good mood. As we get the inventory done we are joined by Michelle.

"You seem like you are in a good mood Piper," Even Michelle notices my good mood. It really must be obvious.

"Yeah. After the tornados everything just fell into place," I responded vaguely. The reason why I am being vague is because of the fact that I'm not sure if Michelle is aware of Dad's cancer. After seven hours of quiet the signal bell goes. With that, we spring into action. Now we shall see if my good mood is ruined. After seven minutes of driving, we made it to one of the local strip clubs. It is an utter mess. I roll my eyes as I see no use for venues like this one. Still, I am here to help not judge. Before Michelle has a chance to give her orders I head to what I assume to be the worst of the victims.

"What have we got Dad?" I ask as I get to work.

"Well it is a penetrating injury to the face caused by a tiara," Dad explains the mechanism of injury to me.

"I mean what caused the injury?" I retort as I begin to carefully wrap the tiara and as much of the injury as I can.

"A fight broke out," One of the largely unharmed party members fills me in on what happened. So much for not judging. I find myself thinking about the pettiness of what could have happened to start this fight. After triple-checking the tiara I turn my attention to Michelle who is helping with some minor cuts and bruises.

"Hey Cap I'm sorry for going solo but I found the worst of the worst. I've secured the tiara to her face," I say, bringing Michelle's attention to the tiara victim. She looks just as annoyed as I do. After double-checking my handy work Michelle gives me the all-clear to get the gurney to transport the woman. After a long thirty minutes, we are finally back at the fire station. I am currently trying to hide the fact that I am trying to hold back the mild disgust. I've never understood the desire to go to a strip club. Let alone start a fight.

"You seem annoyed," Tim observes.

"I just don't get the idea of strip clubs and don't bother explaining it," I responded. There is not much that I can do. People are weird. Tim's face scrunches in confusion. I choose to ignore it as we have a job to do.

It has been a couple of days since then and it is just another routine day. The thing is I don't think the peace is going to last. As if on cue the signal bell goes. Luckily for me, it is a medical call. After a few minutes of driving, we made it to the scene. What greets us can only be described as chaos. As soon as our boots hit the ground we are greeted by a pissed-looking Carlos.

"What are we walking into here? Dispatch said something about a riot," Michelle asks to get a better understanding of the situation.

"It's a protest," Carlos confirms as we start our walk towards the paitent.

"It's a woman's shelter. What are they protesting?" Michelle is confused.

"Women. They're incels. Involuntary celibates," Carlos replies. I can hear the poison in his voice. I glance at Tim. This is going to be a rough one.