S1: E7 Bum steer

It has been a couple of hours since my Dad got that phone call and he looks deflated. Right now I am trying to cook for him in an effort to cheer him up.

"Dad, you know you can tell me what is going on. Right?" I ask as I double-check that I've made everything to Dad's standards. He looks at me then he looks at Tyler. He gestures for Tyler to join us. With a few swift movements, Tyler joins us. He is just as bothered as I am.

"Billy Tyson the former captain of the 126 has forced me to do the CPAD test to prove that the cancer doesn't get in the way of my job," Dad announces to my astonishment.

"But-,"

"That is ridiculous. Yes, you have the associated side effects with Chemo but you have proven yourself already," I beat Tyler to the response. As a medical professional, I know that Chemo can knock people down but I also know that my Dad isn't going down without a fight.

"I think Billy wants the 126 back but I will fight for it. It's just that there is a slim chance that I might lose so I want you two to know that whatever happens, we will be fine," Dad adds.

"You will have Pip and I to cheer you on," Tyler confirms. It is the day after and I am getting the ambulance ready for the day. I can feel Tim and Michelle watching on as I stuff various bits into their respective places. I notice Tim stopping Michelle.

"Umm, Cap I wouldn't help her. She is in a bad mood. Apparently, it helps her relax," Tim explains the situation. I need to relax as I am pissed that Billy forced my dad to the CPAD test. Luckily for me, since I am in a bad mood I get everything done quicker than usual. My timing is perfect as the signal bell rings for a medical call. After a few minutes of driving, we made it to a used car sales place. The sight that greets us can only be described as utter chaos. As soon as our boots hit the ground I realised that we were going to need backup from Dad's crew as the animal that did this was still on the loose.

"Cap I'm going to radio in for some backup. We don't want the animal to hurt anyone else," I announced my intentions to Michelle.

"Ask for additional EMS crews as well. Tim, you are with me on triage," Michelle acknowledges.

"Dispatch I am going to need additional RA units and a fire crew at Happy Stan's Used Car Lot," radio in.

"Copy that. Additional units are on the way," Grace confirms. After a couple of minutes of waiting the first wave of backup arrives. It is in the form of a couple of ambulances. As we all work on getting the victims ready to move to safety my Dad's crew finally shows up. I am currently checking one of the victim's vitals.

"Alright help the paramedics move the victims to safety," My dad orders. After saying a few things to his crew my dad turns his attention to getting more information from Michelle.

"Am I going to be ok?" My victim tentatively asks.

"I think so. It looks like you got away with cuts and scrapes but once the mess is cleared we are going to take you to the hospital to make sure," I explained the situation to him. It seems to calm the man down enough.

"Piper if your patient is stable enough, I need you on standby in case something happens to your Dad's team," Michelle orders. With that I excuse myself. I follow the trail of destruction to a car. To my surprise, my dad is in the car with the bull. The scene unfolds as Tyler and Marjan work to get the animal free. After some careful work and a relatable story from Dad, the bull is finally free and in animal control's hands.

It is the day after and instead of using my day off to relax Tyler and I are helping Dad through the CPAD. Well, right now we are getting him ready for it. It is weird watching Tyler fuss over Dad.