Denial

GENNIES POV

GENNIES POV

My 6am alarm went off, waking me up. I turned it of, slowly taking the quilt of me. I rubbed my eyes, getting up off my bed. I stretched my arms out.

Last night, I decided to tan when I came back up to my room.

I made my bed. Then I picked out my clothes for today and what I picked out was a cheetah print, long sleeved, tank top with some low rise, blue jeans.

I grabbed my clothes and underwear, waking out of my room into the bathroom, which was down the hall.

I put my clothes by the sink. They were nicely folded. I got a towel. Normally, I don't shower in the mornings but I needed wash the tan off. If you know what I mean.

I turned the shower on, changing the temperature a little hotter. I took my pyjamas off, putting them into the washing basket. I stepped into the shower.

Once I finished, I got out., grabbing my towel.

I begin to dry myself. After I got into my clothes. I wrapped my towel in my hair, leaving it to absorb my wet hair. I pick up my tooth brush and the toothpaste.

I brushed my teeth, then I spat out the access. Bending over, I rubbed my towel against my hair. Taking the towel off I stood up straight.

I smiled to myself, walking out putting my towel in the washing basket.

Back in my room, I grab my blow dryer. I plugged it into my plug socket near my desk. I sit down and I begin to dry my hair.

-

After I finished I put away my hair dryer, now pulling out my straighteners.

I quickly straighten my hair. Today I'm just gonna leave my hair out.

I looked at the time, it was currently 7:19am. I need to hurry up. I need to leave at 7:40am.

Quickly, I did my makeup. I did black eyeliner on my waterline.  I matched my foundation and concealer to my tan, which looked really good, in my opinion by the way. Next I did mascara and I curled my lashes. Lastly, I put on lipgloss.

I sprayed the same Victoria Secret spray as yesterday and I put on a golden heart necklace, which I bought yesterday well Tom insisted I get because it would suit me and I agreed to be honest.

I run downstairs. I see my mum making cereal?

She must of heard my run down the stairs cause she looks at me with a sweet smile. "Hey mum" I say out of breathe from running down the stairs.

"Hey" she says. I walk up to her and sit at the kitchen counter. She passes me the cereal. "Thank you" I smile at her "hurry up or you'll be late" is what she replies with, okay. I pull a weird face at her response.

I begin to eat my cereal. "Mum, do you mind if I go to sandys after school for a sleepover?" I ask, last night I forgot to asks her about it even though I already told Sandy yes but I just got too caught up with Tom.

"Who's Sandy again?" She asks "my friend" I say, sighing "oh yeah um sure you can" she says.

She walks to the counter, opposite to me. She leans her arms on the counter.

"So your friend Tom" she says randomly "yeah?" I say, smiling slightly, shoving more cereal in my mouth "so you like him?" She asks, I nearly choke on my cereal. "What?" I say loudly "I seen you two last night" she says, I stay silent "You definitely like him" She says. Gosh, she's like a teenager this women. "I don't" I say offended "whatever you say" she rolls her eyes.

"He's my friend" I say quietly. I begin to think. Do I like Tom? I couldn't. He's my friend, right? "Sure" she says "he is" I say it so sure anymore. "Come tell me the truth when you're out of denial" my mum walks away.

TOMS POV

I was eating breakfast with Bill. We was talking about random things.

"Do you still like Hailey?" Bill asks raising an eyebrow "yeah" I say confused of why he was asking that "you sure?" He asks "um yeah," I say in a duh tone "why you asking?" I say.

"Well I don't know I just think you might like Gennie now" he shrugs. I straighten my posture "What makes you think that?" I ask offended. "Well you used to talk about Hailey a lot, now you're always talking about Gennie" he says "I don't" I say quietly "you do and I see the way you look at her" he states.

I pull a confused face "What do you mean?" I say very confused. "You look at her as if you want to kiss her" he says plainly. "I don't" I say offended "yeah you do" he rolls his eyes.

"Dude you're weird" I say to him "and you're in denial" he says putting his dishes in the sink.

I think. Gennies my friend. I cant like her and I like Hailey. I've always like Hailey. I'm making all these wishes FOR Hailey.

I put my dishes in the sink and walk out the kitchen. I pull out my phone, about to text Gennie.

'You wanna walk to school together?' I text.

'Sure, I'll be out in a min' she texts back.

'Cya' I text.

"Who you texting?" Bill asks. God he's so nosey. "Gennie" I say "seriously?" He raises an eyebrow "yeah, is there a problem with that?" I ask "no but like two seconds ago you was literally saying you don't like her now you're texting her" he says.

"Yeah cause she's my friend. I'm allowed to text my friends Bill" I roll my eyes, sighing. "What did you say to her?" He says, damn this boy won't stop with the questions.

"If she wanted to walk to school with me" I say getting annoyed with the questions. "You're really in denial" he says. "I'm not" I yell slightly.

-

I meet up with Gennie. We start to walk to school with Bill trailing behind us.

Every now and then I look behind me at Bill and he's always wiggling his eyebrows at me with a smirk on his face.

I'm never gonna hear the end of this.

I noticed Gennie had tanned, it looked nice.

Then I realise she's wearing the necklace I told her to get. I smile. "You decided to wear the necklace" I say smirking. She looks down at it "oh yeah" she smiles. She lifts it up. "Thought it would go with the outfit" she saying smiling still.

I smile softly at her. "It does" I say, she looks away.

I wonder why?