After School

TOMS POV

TOMS POV

School was over and I was going out with Hailey. I should be thrilled? Shouldn't I? But I didn't feel excited at all.

I waited at the front of the school for Hailey. I see Gennie and her friends walk out. She looks at me with a slight smile, I smile back.

She walks away talking to her friends.

Hailey comes out to the building, "hey" she says seeming uninterested, "hey" I say back beginning to walk, she follows me.

It was silent. A very awkward silence.

"Um so I was like at the mall the other day," Hailey begins to say, "mhm" I hum, "and like I saw this gorgeous dress" she rambles and to be honest I don't care.

I zone out whatever shes saying and think about how I'd rather be hanging out with Gennie right now.

I'm really starting to think I don't like Hailey anymore.

"Are you even listening?" She says annoyed, "yeah" I say snapping out of it, "okay as I was saying. I saw that skank Lacey and she started saying," I roll my eyes and zone out again.

I don't want to be here anymore. "You know um I have to go home" I say, Hailey scoffs, "family stuff" I lie, "really? You're lucky I even asked you to go out" she says obviously annoyed, "okay?" I say.

"Well bye" I say walking away, "freak" I hear Hailey yell.

I carry on walking not bothered.

I make it home, going up to my room, lying on my bed. I sigh, rubbing my face.

GENNIES POV

I walked out of school with Sandy and Lindsay. I saw Tom standing outside, probably waiting for Hailey. He sees me, I smile at him slightly, he smiles back.

We walk away.

"So what's happening?" Sandy asks, I look at her confused, "you know, with Tom" she says nudging her head towards Tom.

"Oh um he's going out with Hailey" I say quietly, "what!" Lindsay yells, I nod.

"How? Why?" She questions, I shrug.

"He said he wanted to 'keep trying' or something and that he was confused" I roll my eyes, sighing.

"Well he needs to not be confused" Lindsay says rolling her eyes, I laugh.

""You guys wanna gonna back to mine to get your stuff?" Sandy asks, "yeah" me and Lindsay say at the same time.

-

We arrive at Sandys. "Hey Leslie" me and Lindsay say, "hey girls" she smiles at us. "We're just gonna get our stuff" Lindsay explains. Leslie nods.

"I'll wait on the couch" Sandy yells at us as we head upstairs.

We start to put out things away into our bags. My phone starts to ring.

"Who is it?" Lindsay asks, I flip open my phone, "ITS TOM" I basically yell.

"OH MY GOD ANSWER IT" she yells back, I answer the phone.

"Hey Tom" I say.

TOMS POV

I didn't know what to do, so I decided to call Gennie to see if she wanted to hang out.

"Hey Tom" she says sounding excited, "hey" I say.

"Why'd you call me? I thought you was going out with Hailey" she questions me, "wasn't feeling like going out with her" I say casually.

"Oh, how come?" She asks I can tell she's smiling over the phone, "felt like hanging out with you instead" I say, "you wanna hang out with me?" She asks. "Yeah" I say, "okay, I'll be over in a bit" she says happily.

"See you" I say smiling, "byebye see youuu" she says hanging up.

I guess I'll just wait until she comes.

I look around my room it is a bit of a mess. Maybe I should tidy it before she comes? Um sure.

I start to tidy my room.

GENNIES POV

I hang up the phone. "OH EM GEE!" Me and Lindsay yell.

We hold hand and start bouncing around in circles.

We stop, "He totally ditched Hailey for you" She says out of breathe from bouncing around.

She wiggled her eyebrows at me, "go away" I say jokingly, pushing her.

We grab our stuff and run down the stairs to Sandy, who is watching cartoons. "I'm gonna go" I say to Sandy, "why?" She asks confused.

"Okay, so Tom call GG and he ditched Hailey and wanted to hang her with her" Lindsay says squealing.

"OMG" Sandy says, I smile.

"Tell us everything that happens" She says, "I will" I say.

"Byeeeee" I say giving them a hug and leaving with my stuff.

-

I go home and put my stuff away.

I run back downstairs, "bye mum, I'm going to Toms" I say, "okay, bye love you" she says as I walk out locking the door.

I walk next door to Toms and knock. I stomps coming from inside, he opens the door.

"Hey" he says out of breathe. I squint my eyes at him "hey" I say, he opens the door wider to let me in. We walk upstairs to his room.

I lay on his bed, he lies next to me. "So what happened with you and Hailey?" I ask smiling, "don't know she was kinda boring" he shrugs, "I've been thinking about these wishes" he says, I look at him and nod.

"And I think I knew what else I want to wish for" he says, "is that the only reason why you called me over" I sigh.

"No! No! I only just thought about it then I swear" he says quickly, "mmm sure" I say not believing him.

"I swear" he pleads "okay, okay" I say rolling my eyes, smiling, "so, what do you wish for today?" I ask.

I wish for an outside pool" he wishes. "An outside pool?" I question, "yes, I'll to you why in a minute" he says, "okay" I say.

Snap.

"Okay now tell me why" I say, "so I was think about having like a party" he says, "and why do you need a pool for that?" I ask.

"Because it makes it funner" he rolls his eyes. "Okay, you wanna see the pool?" I ask, he nods.

"Is it in the front or back?" He asks, "back" I say leading him to it.

He opens his back door. "Woah" he says, "don't act shocked you wished for it" I say playfully, "I know but I didn't expect it to be this big" he says.

We walk over by the pool. "You have six wishes left" I tell him, he nods. "What are you gonna do when your mum and brother see this?" I ask him.

"Make a wish for them to remember I guess" he shrugs, I laugh.

I feel someone pick me up. Tom. "Put me down" I yell laughing. He laughs, throwing me into the pool.

I swim back up. I probably look like a wet rat right now. I swim up to him.

"Can you help me out?" I ask stretching my arm out for him to take it. Tom takes my hand trying to pull me up, but I pull him down with me instead.