Betrayal

The brakes on the bus screech in protest as we slow to a stop in front of the highschool.

The doors open and everyone floods out and into the school. I grab my stuff and slowly make my way forwards, trying not to bump into people as much as possible.

Once inside I sigh and glance at my schedule before heading to my locker. I see Alisa standing at her locker already, and I walk over to her to say hello.

She looks up at me and narrows her eyes. "Oh, no longer giving me the silent treatment Sera?" She asks with a cold voice.

My steps falter and I look at her in confusion. "What do you mean, I talked to you yesterday?" I say, silently questioning myself.

She scoffs and shakes her head. "Seriously? You have been ignoring me for the last three weeks. Ever since you sent Terri to the hospital," she tells me slamming her locker closed.

I frown. 'Ignored her for three weeks? I always talk to her,' I think to myself. I feel numb, like I am a shell walking through these past few days, where it's blow after blow to the gut.

I realize Ali is saying something and shake my head to clear my thoughts. She must think I mean something else from it, because she glares at me angrily. "Honestly Sera, I think it's best if we're no longer friends. You are not the same person I knew, and it seems like this friendship is just toxic. You are not a good influence on my life right now. So, I'm sorry, but it's over," she says turning and walking away before I can say anything.

I stare after her, tears burning my eyes. I am confused and lost. I don't want anyone to see me crying right now so I head to the quieter part of the school and into an empty music room.

I sit in a corner of the room with a guitar I'm my hand, thinking if I play I'll feel better.  I only end up shoving it to the side and burying my face in my hands.

I vaguely hear the door open and close. A hand taps my shoulder lightly.

I look up and meet the prettiest blue-grey eyes. They look at me sadly, but the face behind them is blank.

"Are you okay?" The face says. A boy.

I snap out of my trance and look at him suspiciously. I've never seen him before. He is tall, tan, and has golden bronze hair with those pretty eyes. I decide to call him Tallgrass. Don't question me, he is tall and has those blue-grey eyes that remind my of a rosemary bush before it blooms, or a blue spruce. So Tallgrass.

He steps back and clears his throat.

I stand up quickly, and look up at him. Jeez he really is tall. "Um. Hello?" I say stupidly.

Tallgrass smirks slightly before smoothing his face over again. 'A robot. He's probably some AI robot.' My thoughts tell me.

"I saw you run in here and thought I'd make sure you were okay," Tallgrass says in a soft, but authority filled voice.

I internally wince at the thought of why I'm in here, and focus back in this tall mystery in front of me. "I haven't seen you around before. Are you new?" I ask him changing the subject completely.

Smooth Seraphina. Never let 'em anticipate your next move.

Tallgrass looks taken aback at the complete turn from his question, but he goes along with it thankfully. "Oh, yeah, I'm new. Sorry I didn't introduce myself. My name is Rein," he says extending his hand with a small smile.

I eyes him suspiciously, but shake his hand. "My name is Seraphina. Look, you seem creepy. But nice. What classes do you have next? I can show you around," I tell Rein, pointing to a paper in his hands.

He looks down, and nods before checking the time on a smart watch on his wrist. "Yeah, sounds good. Here's my schedule," Rein says handing me the paper, and completely missing the part where I called him creepy.

I smirk to myself as I look over his info sheet. It lines up pretty well with mine, and after a thorough inspection, I hand it back to him with a smile. "Right. First class is this way, Tallgrass," I say, purposely letting the stupid nickname slip.

Rein just chuckles quietly and follows me.

I have a feeling this will be a good friendship. At least I tell myself that, refusing to think of 'She who shall not be named.' I sigh and lead this mysterious new kid to his class.

●●●
Authors note
●●●

Hope you guys liked this new chapter. What do yall think so far? What do yall think of "Tallgrass"?

Question of the day...
What is your comfort when your upset?
Mine is music. Always music.

Have a blessed day!!!!