Truth

Rein's POV

I walk out onto a well worn path, to the border. I am in my large, five foot wolf form. My wolf form has the same blue/grey eyes as my human form. And my fur is almost the second as my hair as a human. My fur is kind of long, and wavy. It is a darker color than my human hair, so a dark blonde, and has golden flecks along the back.

I look beside me to Seraphina, and whine softly to her. She looks over and smiles nervously. "Hey, Rein, what's wrong? Sorry, I don't speak wolf," she says tilting her head.

I give her a wolfish grin. Giving her a huff, almost like a laugh.

She shakes her head. "You're so weird," she states sarcastically.

Max, who is in front of us, steps backwards until he is standing between us. "So, Seraphina is it? My name is Max. You probably already know that, but figured I'd be polite," he says giving a charming smile.

'Careful cousin... or she'll run away screaming.' I hear in my mind.

I growl through the link to Max. 'I could say the same for you. Aren't you laying it on pretty thick?' I ask him cooly.

He laughs through the link, and it ends.

I shake my big head as we cross into the edges of the pack. People and wolves walk around as we enter the small, town like area.

I hear Seraphina gasp softly and smile to myself. Then I quickly leave the group to shift, and change into some clothes.

As I'm walking to the pack house my ears twitch at the sound of loud footsteps coming toward me. I know that whoever it is, is trying hard to sneak up on me. I laugh internally. What a noob.

I continue walking as if I can't hear them, and as they get closer I stop and growl. I hear a sigh, and a shuffle, then my best friend walks out into my view.

"How do you always know?" Azrael asks walking up with his shoulders slumped.

I bark a laugh as I shift into human form and change. "Alpha senses? Remember?" I remind him sarcastically.

He sighs. "Yeah..."

I shake my head. "So any news about those rogue attacks?" I ask my Beta/Best friend.

Azrael instantly stands straighter and falls into his Beta role. "No Rein. Just the usual dead end. But this time we came close. I caught a scent, and Kyra said she followed a she-wolf past Oakwood Pack's border," he informs me seriously.

I frown. "Was she one of Ethan's wolves?" I ask him curiously.

Ethan is Oakwood Pack's Alpha. If one of his wolves is the one causing problems for our pack, then it good break the alliance we hold with them as neighboring packs.

Azrael shakes his head. "No, not one of his. A rogue. But I think we should talk to Alpha Daxton about holding a meeting with Oakwood to discuss the problems," he says lowering his head slightly.

I look at the ground in thought. "Yes, I'll talk to my dad about it. In the meantime will you send Kyra and Willow to find me later?" I ask Azrael.

He tilts his head at me. "Why do you need my sister and KooKoo?" He asks, talking about Willow, his twin, and Kyra, a friend of his sister.

I chuckle softly. "I just need them to show our new guest her new room, and show her around the pack. Maybe befriend her," I explain with a small smile.

Azrael still looks confused, but he nods and walks away.

I sigh after he leaves, and walk towards the pack house to talk to my father. Maybe he can explain what is going on in the pack right now.

As I walk the path to the Pack House, I smile slightly. The familiar white building is always a comfort to come home to after a long, stressful day.

Once inside, I walk up the flight of stairs to the Alpha wing. Where my father's office, and the Alpha's bedrooms are.

I stop at a large oak door, and knock twice. I hear a voice on the other side telling me to come in.

I push the door open and find my dad slouched over some paper work on his large mahogany desk.

He looks up as I step inside and close the door softly behind me.

"Hey, Rein. What's up?" He asks curiously.

I sit across from him, and begin my report. "Rouges were spotted at the border between Oakwood and our pack. Kyra chased them to the border and they disappeared. Azrael said it was a she-wolf. I was thinking we should hold a meeting with Oakwood to discuss the problems we're facing. Our problems could become theirs if we don't inform them," I explain to Daxton.

He nods to himself throughout my report, and when I am finished he looks up at me with a small smile. Which confuses me because the report is very serious.

"Yes, I'll get ahold of Ethan and set up a meeting. Also, I am sure you have questions about Seraphina, and I will answer them later. For now I want you and Azrael to get the pack together for a pack meeting," he tells me, standing up.

I stand up with him and nod respectfully before leaving.

I link with Azrael and Kyra. 'Az, Kyra, I need you to tell whoever you're with, and the people you meet on the way to the pack house that there is a pack meeting in half an hour,' I tell them through the link. They both answer quickly and end the link.

I then set off to find Seraphina. Knowing she is probably with Willow, and Willow is probably holding her hostage at the library, I head that way, refusing to think about what the pack meeting could possibly be about.

And hoping that whatever happens these next couple of days will hold fruitful in finding out the truth in all the secrets floating around.