Secrets pt. 2

Seraphina's POV

I sit and wait for Rein to continue. Bracing myself for what I know is coming. My brain refusing to acknowledge the truth.

"Me, Max, and my parents are werewolves, Sera," Rein begins. As if this isn't impossible. As if it is the simplest answer.

I blink at him slowly, and he waits for my reaction. Seeing that I am still waiting for him to explain, he tries again. "Okay... Seraphina, listen carefully. I am a werewolf," he says again.

This time it gets through to my broken brain. Werewolves. My new friend and his family, are werewolves. I exhale, releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Hazel looks nervously at Daxton. Daxton looks at me with calculating eyes.

Rein slowly steps closer to me, and I unconsciously take a step back, holding out my hand. "S‐stay back," I whisper. And honestly I don't know why this affects me so much. I've known Rein for a day, why would I be so hurt over this?

The best answer. Because I can't help but admit that there is something there. Between us. Like a rope, slowly being pulled tighter, and becoming more secure the longer we're together. It feels as if we've know eachother for years. And eternity. Hearing this is scary, but not as bad as the hurt I feel when thinking of how he's lied to me thus whole time. The whole day.

Daxton steps forward. Snapping me out of my thoughts. "You need to come with us now, Seraphina Waller, so we can keep you safe," he says calmly.

I scoff at the male as Rein groans at his dad. "Safe from what? The big scary monsters in the woods? To late, they found me," I say, using sarcasm to fight the panic.

Rein flinches at my words, and Hazel looks away. Max just stands, watching, testing.

"I understand you are confused. But if you don't come with us, scarier things are going to come," Daxton says holding out a hand.

I hesitate. Rein looks to his dad, father and son's eyes meet. I get a feeling that I'm missing something there, but as soon as it happens, it's over. Rein meets my eyes quickly, and in a blink a large 5 foot wolf stands before me, head lowered and tail slightly tucked.

I feel a tingle in my chest as I meet the wolf's blue-grey eyes. I would know it is Rein even if he hadn't just shifted in front of me. He steps forward, pressing his soft head to mine. Making me feel safer, and I contemplate going with him.

Before I can make the decision, I am overwhelmed by the tingles that have spread from my chest to my head. I groan and press a hand to my head.

The wolf, Rein, whines, and looks to his family. Daxton's eyes narrow. "We need to get her to the pack now. She's becoming unstable. If we don't get her powers under control soon, then every person who wants her is going to have one big beacon leading straight to her," Daxton says cooly.

I barely understand what he's saying. But I guess Rein and the others knew, because they each give another a worried look.

Rein nudges me, trying to get me to walk with him. He almost pushes me over with how big he is.

I wave him off as the weird sensation passes, and I feel almost normal, besides a strange headache.

Hazel and Max look relieved. Daxton is looking around the area carefully.

And with that we walk into the deep woods.

                           ~~~
Author's note

Yes I realize this chapter is SUPER short.... and I have no words, nor excuses for this.

'\ (° - °) /' sorry

But to change the subject (heh heh)

Check out my other book The Ice Chronicles: Ice Dragon

I know I know. You're probably thinking 'why are you doing two books at the same time?'

Answer: idek (lol)

So, what do you think of this book? Please leave a comment for ideas, thoughts, or anything!

Encouragement of the day:

Though joy and love may seem far away, it'll be okay,
Though hurt and pain seem to lock you away, stay strong.
There is love, and joy, and hope, and... there IS light.
People, if you are struggling with loss, sickness, depression. Know that there IS someone out there who is with you always. and there IS light in the darkness. And there IS hope in the pain. SO STAY STRONG. please don't give up yet.