CHAPTER 3 - TRUST

So, they didn't exactly have approval. It was complicated. But they were going anyway. Pretty much, they just went with the flow. Oh, and there was a General with them, so it wasn't entirely their fault?

Anakin Skywalker was interesting. He seemed a bit different from the other Jedi she had met. More...Empathetic? She couldn't be sure. Z was leaning against that wall between the cockpit and the main cabin, watching the General who was looking through the scope of Crosshair's rifle. She was surprised that Crosshair let him touch it, seeing as only she and Wrecker were the only ones usually allowed to.

"So, how many missions has your team been on, Sergeant?" Anakin Skywalker asked before handing Crosshair's rifle back to him. Z tilted her head at the marksman, and he raised both eyebrows before turning away. Okkkkayyy.... Guess Crosshair was picking favorite Jedi now.

"Honestly, Sir, I've lost count. All of the action sort of blurs together." Hunter replied, briefly glancing up from where he was sitting at the Navi computer.

"Over 10. Easy bet." Z said, pushing off the wall to look over Hunter's shoulder.

"Over 200." Crosshair clarified in a monotone voice.

Rex shifted slightly, "I know you work with Cody sometimes, but who do you report too?" He asked.

Hunter stood up, humming thoughtfully. "Good question, can't say I've got an answer." He said as he leaned against his empty chair.

"Whoever reads the mission reports, I guess." Z said quietly. The Jedi glanced over at her curiously, but she didn't look back.

The ship swayed with a steep jolt, and Z grabbed onto the back of the chair. She shared a glance with Crosshair, who was looking out of the cockpit window.

"We are approaching Skako Minor, it looks to be a difficult landing." Tech warned from the cockpit, and Z sighed. When did they not have difficult landings?

Everyone moved to their seats, strapping in, Wrecker moved to the cockpit, and Hunter followed him. Z paused just before she sat down. She needed her helmet, and she had left it in the cockpit. If she didn't have it, and it was a crash, she could temporarily lose all hearing. It had happened to her before, and it had sucked. Loud noises and her just didn't mix. She pivoted on her heel to run and grab it when Hunter ran out of the cockpit. He tossed her the helmet and she smiled at him before sitting down and pulling it on her head. He himself sat down, and she immediately noticed the absence of sound. It was always a bit soothing.

Alarms started blaring through the ship, and she was even more grateful for the dampening of sound as the craft shook more. She wasn't sure exactly how long it took, but somehow Tech had managed to land the craft without causing all of their deaths. Everyone seemed to be more than relieved at that and Z was especially grateful that Tech was there. She most likely would have crashed the ship.

They all made their way to the cockpit, and Z leaned over Tech's chair, pulling her helmet off. An ugly yellow mist awaiting them outside of the viewport. "Nice landing." She whispered to Tech.

"Was there ever any doubt?" He whispered in reply.

"Very little." She grinned at his expression.

"But there was some-" He was quickly cut off by General Skywalker.

"Rex, what do we know about this place?" He asked, standing between Hunter and his Captain.

"On this part of Skako there's a race of locals, called the Poletecs. All we know is they're very primitive." Rex responded, shrugging one shoulder.

Tech swirled his seat around, " 'Primitive' is being kind, My intel says the Poletecs worship flying reptiles."

"I would worship a flying reptile." Z said thoughtfully, and everyone looked at her again, "What? I was talking like dragons-" She was cut off suddenly as a large reptilian creature landed on the windshield, and screeched at them. Her helmet clattered to the ground as she pressed her hands over her ears. It hurt. It was burrowing into her brain, and as quickly as it began, it was over. She took a shaky breath.

"What was that?" Wrecker exclaimed, leaning closer to the windshield as the creature flew away.

"Definitely not a dragon." Z grumbled, a hand still pressed to her head. The creature was clanging on the top of the ship, causing the entire thing to shake. She grabbed her helmet, shoving it on her head.

"I want that thing off my ship." Hunter said sternly, and Crosshair didn't correct him this time. They all ran out of the ship, Crosshair placing a hand on her good shoulder firmly before letting go. He must have seen her caught off guard in the cockpit. It wouldn't happen again. The thing was shrieking again, and it quickly swooped down, grabbing General Skywalker in its claws.

"Splendid." Z grumbled sarcastically, and Hunter snorted at her.

"I have a thermal reading. Point two-five east, elevation 175." Tech announced, and Z shook her head at Hunter. This was all him. Crosshair attached a grapple to his rifle, using Tech's shoulder prop.

"I'll handle this." He said, shooting at the point Tech had said. By the way the wire kept going, Z could assume it hit the creature. Not that she doubted him.

"What are you doing?' Rex asked, taking a step forward in confusion.

"Going for a ride." Hunter replied, taking the grapple from Crosshair and attaching it to his armour just before it pulled him up into the air.

"He'd make a great fairy." Z mused, leaning on Tech's shoulder. He side-stepped, and she promptly fell onto the ground. She glared at him, and once she realized he couldn't see her face, turned back to where Hunter had been gracefully soaring through the air. Crosshair pulled the clone to her feet, and she mumbled thanks as they waited around. It took a few minutes before Hunter got back to them.

"Tech, I'm with the General. Hone in on my signal." They all filed back into the Marauder, with Z taking the spot of co-pilot. She wouldn't actually be of any use yet, but she wanted to see if there were anymore of the reptiles around. Just for her own sake.

"You are alright?" Tech asked stiffly after a minute.

"Huh?" Was Z's only response as she looked at him.

"I saw what happened when the creature landed. Everyone did. Is there any lasting damage?" Tech had never been too good at emotion (outwardly at least), but the fact that he was trying made a small smile curve Z's lips.

"Yeah, I'm good, it just hurt in the moment. I'll be fine, Techie." She said, a smile evident in her voice. He nodded stiffly, but she could see it melting into softer movements. Good. She had always been good at breaking down people's armour.

She just hoped to only do it for the right reasons.