CHAPTER 11 - SENATOR AMIDALA

APPROXIMATELY 2 ½ YEARS BEFORE ORDER 66

CT-9900 was assigned to Coruscant. She wasn't used to it. She would push through as many migraines and nosebleeds as she had to to complete her mission. That's what she was made for. Why she got to live. (Why the rest were dead.)

CT-9900 opened the door to the Senate building, looking both ways before deciding on a hallway to go down. It was a nice building. Clean carpet, pristine walls, and thick walls, which CT-9900 was more than grateful for. It was almost a complete contrast of the mud and rain CT-9900 had been fighting through moments before. The Separatist assassin had been hard to take out, but not that hard. With the right knife, and the right angle, things were over once they moved to close combat.

Mud still caked the edges of her boots. There was blood in her hair. She had a hairline fracture in her hand. All she had wanted was rest, yet she knew that wasn't an option. She had her mission. Only this time, it wasn't hunting from the shadows, but from the spotlight. She would be known after this. Whether it was for saving lives or taking them, she didn't particularly care.

"Trooper. Let's see some identification." She turned, prepared to insult the reg, only to freeze when she saw who it was. The clone commander removed his helmet, a slight grin resting on his face. CT-9900 removed her helmet, and Wolffe pulled her into a hug. The Commander rested his chin on the top of her head for a moment before pulling back.

"When they said that there was a female clone I hoped it was you." He said.

"Obviously because I'm the best at my job." CT-9900 replied.

"You know, you never were humble." Wolffe scoffed.

"That's rich coming from you." CT-9900 grinned.

"Z, you haven't changed a bit."

"You bet I haven't." Z said quietly.

(Later when she would retell this story, she would leave this out. She would hold onto this memory for her and for her alone.)

---

"You know, if you needed help finding this place you could have just asked." Wolffe slid his helmet back on, as did Z. Her armour wasn't special, just a few small designs painted by her (and a bounty hunter she swore to forget, though forgetting a first love is never simple).

"I would have found it eventually." Z replied and Wolffe paused before walking away.

"Be safe, Zero."

"You too, Wolffe."

They both knew there was no safety in war.

Zero waited until the door opened, then walked in. There was a man there, with an eyepatch over one eye, and a Jedi too. He excused himself quickly, more than unrecognizable (she would later realize that was Anakin, her long dead friend). At the desk, there was a woman, her hair arranged in one of the more intricate updos Z had seen, and wearing clothes that marked her as someone of importance.

"Senator, I've been sent as your new security. We believe that there is a threat to the Senate building as a whole, and that you are one of the primary targets." Z said, already briefly scanning the room for any entrances.

"I don't suppose I get to know who else is a primary target?" The woman-Senator Amidala-asked.

"I'm afraid that would compromise security." Z replied with a dip of her head.

"And you are?" The Senator asked.

"CT-9900."

The woman let out an amused chuckle, "I meant your name, trooper."