CHAPTER 7 - ORDER 66

They had been going for weeks. Nonstop missions, nonstop battles, nonstop fighting. But it was almost over, this was their last mission until they got to go back to Kamino for a bit, maybe even get a full 8 hours of sleep. Echo joining the crew had been difficult at first, but they had adapted quickly, and he was already fitting right in. They had just finished their last assignment, attacking a Separatist hideout with a padawan when they were moving onto Kaller. The Padawan had been Z's age, and the two had gotten along great, with them even trading comm channels to stay in contact.

The last she had heard from Aria Torran (the padawan), had been a quick thank you after they left the planet. Now, she was knee-deep in snow, huddled next to Crosshair as he aimed down his scope.

"Ready?" Hunter asked his squad, they shared a glance before replying.

"Ready."

Wrecker shoved a large boulder down the hill, with the rest of the squad following behind. It took out a large chunk of droids. The rest were quickly ambushed as Clone Force 99 emerged from the treeline. Z and Hunter took it upon themselves to slice the droids as much as possible, while Echo, Tech, and Wrecker opted for a more blaster-based approach.

"Crosshair, let's get those tanks moving!" Hunter ordered, and Z distanced herself from the tanks.

"Sir yes sir." Crosshair replied, and a moment later cables shot out, attaching the tanks together. Wrecker ran to the one closest to the cliff, beginning to push it over the edge. The droid in the second tank began to shout as it popped its head up. Z looked over at Tech, and he tossed her a stun grenade. She grabbed it, sprinting towards the tank.

"Clanker!" She shouted, it looked at her and she threw the grenade at it, "Catch." Tech detonated it, and the droid crumpled down. She joined her brothers in taking care of the rest of the droids, though Tech managed to create a sizable explosion with the last four. Hunter walked forward, the rest following him over to the Republic troopers. Z waited for Crosshair as he slid down the mountain, pulling her helmet off. The cold wind brushed her face, whipping a few stray hairs out of her braid.

"Nice shooting." She said to her brother, elbowing him fondly.

"I could still teach you." He offered with a sideways glance.

"No thanks, I already know how to snipe."

"Not well."

"Better than Hunter." Z protested.

"...Better than Hunter." Crosshair agreed, even though that was setting the bar very low. They approached the trench, revealing a Clone Captain, a Jedi Commander and Jedi General Billaba. She'd already met the Commander, Caleb, and he was more than over eager. She liked him.

"If you're done hiding down there, I suggest you launch a counter-attack. Another droid battalion is approaching." Hunter said to them and Z shared a glance with the sniper to her right. Hunter was always...blunt.

"The General is the one who gives the orders around here!" The Captain protested, but the General seemed unimpressed.

"He's right, Captain," She said, raising a hand, "this is our chance. Launch the counter attack."

"...Yes, General." The Captain said, "All right men, let's go!" He waved them out of the trenches, and they ran to fight. The Captain however, exited the trenches with the Jedi.

"There you are, little Jedi! You missed all the fun!" Wrecker exclaimed, nearly knocking Echo over while pushing past him.

"Watching your team in action was the fun." The Commander responded, a grin on his face.