16.

Meanwhile, Daemon held council with the lords of the Narrow Sea, the Kingsguard, and the captains in command of Dragonstone's garrison.

He was informed by Lord Bartimos Celtigar that Lord Corlys's fever had broken and he had departed Evenfall.

"A raven flew in this morning. The Sea Snake's fever has broken, and he has left Evenfall."-Daemon's brow darkened at the news.

"Where is he sailing?"-the Prince questioned.

"That much is unclear, my Prince."

The destination of Master of Driftmark was still unclear.

"We'll send ravens to our nearest allies: Lords Darklyn, Massey... and Bar Emmon."-Daemon commanded ravens be sent to rally their closest allies.

"Daemon!"-Rhaenyra's screams of labor filled the castle of Dragonstone.

"Do you want to speak to the Maester, my Prince?"-Daemon stood in silence for a moment.

Rhaenyra's screams of pain were reminiscent of the way Laena Velaryon, his second wife, cried out in pain all those years ago.

"I'll fly to the Riverlands myself and affirm Lord Tully's support."

Daemon finally spoke up, his voice determined and his focus shifted toward the planning of the war effort.

The Rogue Prince declared his intention to fly to Riverrun to secure House Tully's allegiance and rally the riverlords.

"You will do no such thing, Father."-Naella entered with Jace standing behind her.

The young Princess declared her mother's decree, stopping her father in his tracks.

"Our Mother has decreed no action be taken while she's abed."-Naella stated in a firm tone.

Their mother's decree was to be obeyed, and Naella was determined to ensure everyone knew that.

Daemon looked at Naella with a stern expression.

"It's good you're here, my daughter. You're needed to patrol the skies on Cannibal."-her father's tone was abrupt.

"Take your brothers with you."

"Did you not hear what Nely had said?"-Jace asked.

"The ravens, Lord Bartimos."

"I shall see it done."

Daemon disregarded Naella and Jace while he commanded Lord Celtigar to send the ravens.

"Summon Ser Steffon. Our Kingsguard are needed on the Dragonmont."

Daemon walked towards Naella, his face still stern and his demeanor unchanging.

"Come with me, my littlest dragon. I'll show you the true meaning of loyalty."-Naella silently nodded her head and agreed to follow him.

                                  ♧

On the slopes, Daemon questioned Lorent and Steffon as to where their allegiances lied.

"You swore an oath as knights of the Kingsguard."

Naella stood beside her father, her expression stoic and her demeanor firm.

"As do all who wear the white cloak, my Prince."-Ser Steffon said.

"To whom?"

"I swore first to King Jaehaerys, my Prince. And then to His Grace, King Viserys, when he succeeded him."

"Do you acknowledge the true line of succession?"-Daemon's expression didn't shift as he took in the Knight's answer.

"Yes."