home

Cole and Peter spent the whole night giggling and playing games and chatting. Towards 5 am, though, Cole got tired.

"Peter, it's 5 am!" He complained.

Peter whacked his head with a pillow. "So? This is a sleepover, everyone knows you don't actually sleep."

Cole groaned and threw the pillow back at Peter, grinning.

"Fine, then let's have a pillow fight." Cole challenged.

"Oh, your on." Peter grabbed a big white pillow and immediately started hitting Cole with it.

Cole grabbed his own pillow and jumped away from Peter, laughing as he and Peter chased eachother around the room while throwing and swinging pillows.

Peter hit Cole one last time, before giving up and gasping to catch his breath between laughs.

Cole was just as spent. He lazily threw his pillow at Peter before sitting on the floor next to him.

Peter turned on a movie, something geeky obviously. Cole didn't mind.

About 30 minutes into the movie, Peters demeanor changed quite a bit as he grimaced.

Cole looked over. "Peter? You okay?"

Peter just squeezed his eyelids shut and held his head, groaning a bit.

"Headache?" Cole guessed.

Peter nodded and turned off the tv, heading for the bed while still gripping his head. "Maybe we should sleep," He managed to squeeze out, but it still sounded struggled.

"Peter, are you sure your okay? Do you need any medicine?" Cole asked, concerned. This was one of Peters many side effects from being beaten to a pulp in 9th grade, by Cole Matthews himself. He still felt horrible for that, even if Peter forgave him long ago. He definitely improved over time, even doctors were impressed. But he still couldn't walk perfectly, he still had such bad headaches sometimes, he still stuttered a bit on some words. And it was all Coles fault.

"All out," Peter groaned as he bit his lip and laid down, facing the wall while still holding his head. Cole reluctantly got up to turn off the light and wrapped a blanket around Peter. He could've sworn he heard some sniffling, but he didn't mention it. He joined Peter on the bed and wrapped his arms around him, placing his head into the crook of his neck.

Peter couldn't sleep, not even with the comfort from his lovely boyfriend. His headaches always hurt bad, but this one seemed especially bad. Maybe it was because he was a bit too active today, or maybe it was just a coincidence. Either way, Peter was in great pain and he didn't think it would pass anytime soon.

He let some tears roll down his cheek as a pounding pain filled his head. He whimpered, trying to keep quiet to not disturb Cole, but, god, did it hurt.

Cole noticed immediately. "Peter? Cmere," He said softly, flipping Peter around and staring at his tear stained face.

Peter hated being so vulnerable. He felt like he always had to prove himself, to prove that he was worthy of living, all throughout his life. But ow that was extra true. He had to prove that he was still capable even with his disabilities. He had to be completely independent. He couldn't be seen like this, crying like a pathetic baby. He'd left that behind on the island, or so he thought.

"I-im fine," Peter stated quietly.

Coles face hardened. "Your not. And that's okay." His voice had turned more serious.

Just those words alone made Peter tear up more. He wanted desperately to crawl up into a small ball and disappear at the moment. "It hurts," He said shakily as more tears flowed down.

Cole hugged Peter and ran his fingers through the gingers hair. "I know it does," He said quietly. "It'll be okay." He comforted Peter the best he could, but he still felt like it wasnt enough.

Peter let himself unfold. He cried in Coles arms as more waves of pain wrecked his head.

"It's okay," Cole repeated softly as he continued to hold Peter and stroke his head.

After a while, Cole broke the silence. "Is there anyway I can help you?"

Peter let a pained smile spread across his face at the idiotic but sweet comment. "You can't just make a headache go away magically, Cole." He said. "But your doing enough."

Cole shifted on the bed, sitting on Peter's lap with his legs on Peter's sides. "Cole?" Peter was confused.

Cole reached for Peters arm, lifting his sleeve and bringing it closer to himself. Peter instinctively pulled back a tiny bit, a flick of fear in his eyes. "Cole.." He whispered.

Cole rubbed the scars on Peter's wrist and upperarm with his thumb. Peter teared up once again, looking away with shame. "I'm sorry," He whispered.

Cole looked back up at Cole and frowned softly. "Peter, it's okay. I've seen them before, and I think they're beautiful. Proof of how much you've gotten through, how much you've recovered. This was my fault, and I can't take it back. But I can atleast make you feel better about them."

Peter nodded and grimaced as another wave of pain traveled through his head.

Cole placed a gentle kiss to Peter's wrist. Peters eyes widened slightly at the odd sensation.

Cole continued his kisses, even traveling down a little. "You have some on your thighs, too, right?"

Peter blushed heavily at that. "Cole, your not kissing my thighs!" He laughed.

Coles head shot up when he heard Peter laugh, grinning. "Doesn't hurt so much anymore, does it?"

Peter hadn't realized his headache had gone away. He was so focused on how good it felt having his arms kissed so.. lovingly. It was such a foreign feeling.

Cole got off of Peter, laying down next to him again. Peter stared at Cole for a while, unblinking.

"Thank you," He whispered.

"No problem," Cole responded back, also in a whisper.

And like that, the two boys fell asleep in each other's arms.

--

Notes!

I'm so sorry for being inactive,, I'll try to update more now but here's some food (even if it's not much, sorry!!) chat ilysm! I definitely have a bunch more planned for this story, I'm excited to write it!!❤️(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)