flowers

"Yehl, hurry up!" Lily yelled as she banged her hand on the bathroom door, writhing in pain.

"I'm taking a crap, leave me alone!"

"No, your not, I know your just doing your makeup!" More banging.

Finally, after what felt like two hours, Yehl walked out of the bathroom, hair styled, makeup done, cute outfit picked out.

"I knew it!" Lily exclaimed. "I was about to piss myself and you were just-" She groaned. "Nevermind,"

Yehl shrugged with a grin on her face as she gave Lily a noogie, putting her in a headlock and grinding her knuckles into her scalp, ruffling her hair. "No need to be so ticked, sis! Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?"

Lily struggled away from her, rubbing her head while glaring. Yehl took this as a sign to leave her sister alone, finally walking away to the living room.

After finally being able to use the bathroom and getting ready, Lily examined the clock on her phone. They still had time to shop for the flowers.

It had been almost a week since they first promised to get flowers for the girls memorial, but they had always forgotten or put it off. Not today though, Lily would make sure of it.

Garvey walked out of his bedroom, yawning and still in his PJ'S.

"Hey, papa," Yehl and Lily said.

"Goodmorning, my beautiful doves," Garvey replied as he gave them both kisses on the cheek, handing them their lunch boxes and rubbing his eye sleepily.

"Are you okay?" Lily asked.

"Oh, yes. Don't worry, sweetie. Im just not used to waking up very early. Speaking of, I'm going to bed. Just wanted to see my lovely daughters take off for another day of school." He said, smiling softly.

"You guys just grew up in the blink of an eye, huh. Stop growing!" He joked, pushing their heads both down as if shrinking them. "Yehl, your getting taller than me! Got your mother's genes, alright."

Yehl laughed.

As Garvey left to his bedroom once again, Lily turned to Yehl.

"Yehl, we can get the flowers now." She reminded her sister.

Yehl looked up from her phone, blinking a bit before finally processing what was being said. "Oh, yeah, sure."

Lily eyed her. "Who have you been texting? Your more distracted lately," She said. "I mean, you've always been one to dress up and stuff, but recently it feels like everyday your prettying yourself up for someone special. Who is it?" She raised an eyebrow.

Yehl blushed and shot up from the couch, grabbing her backpack. "It's no one!" She exclaimed as she quickly rushed out the door.

Lily just sighed. Yehl was always the more dramatic sibling, despite being the eldest.

Before going after her sister, she glanced at the small picture frame of her, Yehl, their father, and their mother when she and Yehl were little. She took a deep breath and walked toward it slowly, caressing the glass frame in her hands. "I miss you, mom." She said quietly. She sniffed and ignored the lump growing in her throat, quickly setting the picture down gently and rushing to the car.

--

Yehl drove to the local, family owned little flower shop. "So, what kind of flowers are we talking about here?" She asked.

"Well, I think roses might be to common, or might be seen as a romantic gesture.. We should go for something simple, but still beautiful." Ironically, Lily loved plants, specifically flowers. Maybe her father had cursed her with that name, he'd often joke when she spent hours outside gardening. "So maybe Tulips or Lily's, or even an Orchid! I think that would be wonderful," Lily rambled. Most of the time she was quiet and reserved, but when it came to flowers she got excited easily.