school

Short note- I decided to change Andreas name to Esperanza for no particular reason!!

--

Yehl groaned as Lily took forever choosing flowers once again. "Lily, why do you have to do this everyday? At this point, you should buy the whole store."

"But aren't they wonderful?" Lily replied sweetly. "We should get some Lily's. They represent peace after death,"

Yehl just nodded and checked her phone while her sister continued searching. Eventually, she finally found the flowers she wanted and checked out at the register with a bright smile on her face.

"You have something planned?" Yehl asked with her eyebrow raised.

Lily nodded and sniffed the flowers."Yeah, I'm gonna try to hang out with Esperanza more. She seems really cool, doesn't she? And she's always so alone.."

-

They arrived at the school in a hurry. Esperanza was there, sitting at the memorial as usual.

Yehl went off with Cole, Peter, and Keith, even wrapping her arm around Keith's arm. Lily didn't dare question it anymore.

She headed toward Esperanza with the flowers in hand and placed them down gently next to the same picture that stood there for almost a year now. The glass was chipped and cracked, like someone kicked a soccer ball to hard and it got hit. You'd think they'd care more about their past student who committed suicide, Yehl thought as she sat on her knees next to Esperanza.

Esperanza looked over and attempted to smile, but it came out as a awkward twisting of the face. Lily didn't mind, though, she understood the intention. She returned the best warm, welcoming smile she could muster up and went for it.

"Hey, Esperanza. I've been thinking about hanging out more, you seem really cool and I'd love to get to know you!" She spat out quickly, that wide grin still plastered on her face.

Esperanza blinked with surprise and stayed silent for a moment.

"Uhm, sure. We could do that. Thank you," She replied quietly, avoiding eye contact.

Lily looked deep into her eyes. They were beautiful, almost red looking. She was extremely pale, but Lily could still see the ethnic features showing. Even her hair was white, it looked soft and flowy. She would touch it, but she didn't want to make Esperanza uncomfortable.

"Your eyes are beautiful."

Esperanzas pupils moved to Lily in a instant, breaking the no eye contact. "Really?"

Lily nodded. "Really. They're very unique, I've never seen eyes like those before. I bet they'd shimmer so beautifully in the sun, like red, vibrant roses flowing around and dancing in the air." Lily was surprised at her own words. She didn't even think of her words, they just flew out when she stared into her eyes.

Esperanzas eyes and whole face softened as she said that, her pale skin made it easy to tell she was blushing a bit. "No one has ever said that to me.. Thank you. Your eyes are gorgeous too, like brown crocosmia pods." Her voice was full of sincerity.

"You like flowers?" Lily asked when she heard Esperanza mention crocosmia pods.

Esperanza shrugged. "I did, back when my family lived in a normal house with a garden. But we moved to a apartment a while ago, and there's no community garden or anything." She said. "The closest I can get to a garden is a few pots on my windowsill," She joked.

Lily's grin grew. "That's already one similarity we have, I'm sure we'll have more! We'll get along wonderfully, Esperanza," She said hopefully, instinctively reaching for her hand and squeezing it.

Esperanza stiffened, but didn't move away. After a while, she allowed her hand to squeeze back.

"Yeah."

-

Peter played with his smushed, grimy peas, flicking some of them at Cole with his spork. "These look absolutely disgusting," He groaned. "Are they trying to poison us?"

Cole laughed and shrugged, still stuffing his face with food and ignoring the peas being slingshotted at his face. "I don't really care how the cafeteria lady's make this gross food, I'm hungry and I'm gonna chow down either way."

"So your saying, if the cafeteria lady's took the saying, 'made with my blood, sweat, and tears' seriously, you'd still eat their food?" Yehl asked with wide eyes.

"Even if they pissed in it?" Peter added with a goofy grin on his face.

Cole shrugged and continued stuffing his face. "Sure, why not? Surely that won't cause me any health risks in the future!" He joked.

Lily groaned. "You guys are so gross, you know that? This is the first time Esperanza sits with us at lunch, and you talk about pissing in the food we're literally eating right now?"

"I second that," Keith said with a grossed out grin.

Yehl picked up one of the peas with her fingers, moving it towards Keith tantalizingly and giggling as he dodged away from it. "Cmon, Keith! Eat some, it's delicious!"

Esperanza shook her head with a small laugh. "No, it's okay. Your friends are... Interesting. To say the least," She said with a small grin of amusement.

Yehl eventually gave up and threw the pea at Peter, which he immediately tossed to Cole again. He'd eat it.

"We should all go to the mall sometime," Yehl said excitedly. "We can hang out at the food court! But.. I'm kinda on a diet right now so I don't know.."

Lily sighed. "Yehl, your diet consists of Cheetos and pretty much nothing else.. It's not healthy,"

Yehl ignored Lily's remark and looked around the table. "And we could go shopping! I have this super cute purse I got the other day, I have to show it off eventually,"

Keith nodded with a small, doubtful grin. "That sounds good to me, but I'll have to really beg my dad."

"Yeah, it'd be nice to get out, and I like hanging out with you guys." Peter said happily, looking over at Cole to see his reaction.

Cole gulped down some of his food and nodded. "Alright, I'm sure my mom would be fine with it,"

Everyone looked over at Esperanza, who'd been mostly quiet this whole time.

She nodded shyly. "I don't have to worry about parents. Mine don't really care what I do, I guess."

Peter groaned. "I wish my parents were like that, they're so protective sometimes. I'm seventeen, dude, and they're still acting like I'm a nine year old."

"My parents just always want me to do sports," Keith laughed.

Esperanza stayed silent, but Lily could tell something was on her mind as she just looked down.

"And that is lunch everyone, get back to class!"

They said their goodbyes, walking their separate ways to their classes.

--
Notes-

Sorry if the conversation these characters have are weird, I lowkey base it off what me and my friends talk about and we say some weird shit 😭,, but I hope you enjoyed!!! Who or what do you wanna see more of?? I get unmotivated sometimes or I just don't know what to write so it's always helpful to get the readers opinion on things! ❤