Visit

Keith knocked on Coles door hesitantly, it'd been a while since he was there last. He hoped his mom was still nice as ever.

A woman's head poked out of the door, before quickly opening it completely with a welcoming smile.

"Welcome back! I'm assuming your here for Cole, right? He's in his room right now! Want any snacks? Games? We got some new cereal I'm sure Cole wouldn't mind sharing!"

Keith just smiled awkwardly at being bombarded with all these questions. "Thanks Miss Cindy, I really appreciate it. But I just want to talk to Cole for a bit, really, I don't need anything."

Miss Cindy smiled brightly and let him through the door. "You are such a respectful boy, I'm sure your parents are so proud."

Keith pursed his lips and kept his head down. He didn't want to think about his parents, not now.

He walked up to Coles room- sometimes Keith forgot Cole was rich rich. It wasn't a mansion or anything, but definitely fancier then what he'd ever seen. And he was pretty rich himself, his dad being a lawyer and all.

Cole barged through the door in his pajamas with a bag of chips at his side, not noticing Keith at the doorway until he finally looked up to meet eyes with him.

Embarrassed, Cole threw the chips back into his room and cleared his throat.

"Oh, uhm.. hey Keith. I wasn't expecting visitors," He pointed awkwardly at his childish pajamas his mother had bought for him for Christmas a few years back.

Keith smiled and shook his head. "Don't worry about it, dude. Can I talk to you for a minute? Like.. full serious mode."

Cole understood and quickly widened the gap in his door, letting Keith in while reaching for his chips and sitting on his bed.

Keith sat next to him, but kept some distance.

"What's wrong?" Cole asked, offering some chips to Keith.

Keith took a deep breath and fidgeted with the bed covers.

"I need some help, with a girl."

Cole stared at him with confusion. "I think you've got the wrong guy, man." He said as he stuffed his face with chips.

Keith groaned. "I know, I know, but you at least bagged someone! Can't you teach me your ways, or something?"

"Hm.." Cole looked deep in thought. "Is it Yehl?"

Keiths eyes widened. "How did you-"

"You two aren't very good at hiding it,"

Keith blushed.

"She totally wants you man. Why are you holding back?"

Keith looked sad. "I don't want to hurt anyone anymore. It's weird. I put up an act of being this tough guy for so long, you'd think this is a relief, being able to be myself. But I'm not, I'm not being my authentic self still. I feel trapped. I don't want to hurt anyone, that's why I keep myself in this shell." He spilled out without thinking. He said it all so calmly, basically spaced out.

Cole frowned and patted him on the back. "I get what you mean. But if you truly love her-"

"I do. I love her with all my heart," Keith interrupted.

Cole grinned. "You'll let yourself be known to her." He paused for a moment. "Can I tell you a secret?"

Keith nodded silently.

"I think shes holding something back. After knowing her so long- she's almost like a sister to me. I can tell when something is wrong, and something is definitely wrong. I think she's putting up an act too."