are you drunk?

Details: You and Olivia have been best friends since middle school, you both have graduated and now live together. She went out one night to the bar but you stayed behind, she came home drunk later on.

word count: 1164

You were sitting on the couch while watching TV, waiting for Olivia to return home since she has been gone for about 4 hours. You started to worry before she tipsily stumbled into the house while giggling.

" Oh hey, Liv? " You began to softly greet her before shifting your voice into confusion.

" Y/n! " Olivia muttered softly while still giggling.

You then quickly got up from the couch to make sure she wouldn't fall and helped her walk over to the couch while you sat beside her. " Gosh, are you drunk? " You said filled with concern as you moved some hair from her face to behind her ear.

" I dunno, how much is 10 shots of vodkA." Olivia replied with slurring clouding her usual angelic voice as she grinned brightly while looking at you.

" Jesus, a lot! " You sighed trying to calm yourself, but at the same time it angered you her friend would let her drink that much. " Don't be silly, I'm fine y/n..! " she then hiccuped and started to stroke your cheek.

You gently rested her hand back beside her as you got up to get glass of water from the kitchen, making an attempt to try and sober her up while knowing it wouldn't do much. You handed it to her and sat back beside the brunette.

" Drink it, it's gonna help. " You softly commanded Olivia as you smiled. You stared at her for a moment and couldn't help but think about how cute she was in this state. You knew that was wrong but you couldn't help it, she truly was beautiful no matter how drunk or sober she was.

" Ugh, but it has no taste! How about something more exciting? " Olivia mumbled softly as she set the glass down onto the coffee table in front of them as she bit her lip while looking at you, scooting slightly closer.

You immediately flushed and giggled a bit at the thought of kissing your best friend but you pushed such a thought away, knowing she was only drunk. " Uhm, let's just get you some rest then. Okay? " You said just after swallowing the nervous lump in your throat.

Olivia rolled her eyes but nodded softly, knowing deep down that she did need some rest after tonight. " Mmphkay.. " She mumbled while making an attempt to stand and you quickly got up to help her.

Olivia giggled her whole way to her bedroom where you gently set her down to sit onto the bed while you went to pick out some sleep clothes for her and yourself. " Can I wear your hoodie this time Y/n? " She asked softly while looking over at you from the bed while you rummaged through her closet, trying to find her an outfit before you heard her speak.

" Oh, uh, yeah sure. Lemme go get one really quick. " You said with a gentle smile as you walked out of her bedroom and into yours, grabbing a black Nike hoodie for her to wear with shorts you already picked out for her from her closet.

You then walked back into her bedroom to find her going through stuff on your phone. You both had each other's passwords since you guys were so close so that was no surprise she was on it. You chuckled and sat down beside her to peek at what she was looking at. You quickly grabbed your phone back once you saw she had opened your notes app, praying she didn't read anything.

" Heyyyuh! I was doing stuffff! " Olivia drunkenly complained as she tried reaching for the phone back. " No, Liv you can't go through that! I don't care if you're drunk! " You said in slight panic while you pulled your phone further from her, trying to get her to stop. She then climbed onto you and pinned you and quickly grabbed the phone, attempting to go through it but you pushed her off and took it back.

Olivia rolled off you and lied on her back while on the bed, rolling her eyes and hiccuping. " Fineee! " She complained. " Damn right, fine. " You huffed and sat back up, handing her the hoodie and shorts that had fallen onto the floor from their tussle.

The note on your phone had a poem, confessing your feelings towards her and you'd rather die than let her read it.

Olivia then grabbed the hoodie along with the shorts and placed next to her. Without thinking any further than that, she pulled off the red shirt she was wearing and pulled down her white skirt to slip on her shorts. You glanced over without any knowledge that Olivia was changing right in front of you. It wasn't like crazy weird, you had been friends for a while and she had a bra and underwear on it's just that y'all had never changed in front of each other.

You quickly looked away with a light blush stuck on your cheeks and nervously smiled to yourself. She giggled, noticing your blush. " You're so cute when you're all red Y/n. I'm just changing. " She teased playfully as she put your hoodie on, her nose filling with the scent of your perfume.

" Hush it Liv! " You snapped back playfully and turned to look at her, smiling when you noticed her wearing your hoodie finally.

Olivia giggled and hiccuped as crawled into her bed, getting cozy under the covers. You got up from sitting to tuck her in and placed a glass of water next to her and a trash can just in case. You then began to walk out her bedroom before, " Wait! " She mumbled while reaching from you.

You turned back to face her and smiled softly. " What is it? " You muttered sleepily. " Could you.. maybe... stay in here with me? " She muttered with light slurring.

Your smile grew as you began to walk back over to Olivia and slipped under the covers beside her, too sleepy to bother changing out of your old clothing. " Yes of course Liv. " You said with a soft sigh as she looked over at you. She then quickly cuddled up next to you and wrapped her arms around your waist. You began to blushed and pulled her closer to you as you softly ran your fingers through her hair.

" I love you. " She muttered before falling asleep on your chest.

You could feel your heart flutter and your stomach get butterflies as you began to blush more intensely. You quietly mumbled the words back to her, knowing she had finally fallen asleep. At the same time though you thought, 'she's just drunk' over and over in your head but when you thought again.. drunk words are just sober thoughts, so was there a chance?