caught cheating

Details: It had been a long day at work and you wanted nothing more than to go home and cuddle with your lovely girlfriend, Olivia, but you didn't come home to what you expected.

word count: 1000

You had finally finished your 9 hour shift working at the hospital and you could finally go home. You sighed with relief when you saw the time and got up from your chair to go clock out. You began walking out and waved your coworker goodbye on the way out the door, making your way to the car.

You sat down in the driver's seat of your Cadillac and started the engine. As you pulled out of the parking space you began driving back home. You smiled at the thought of seeing Olivia after such a tiring day. When finally stopped at a red light you texted her that you were on your way back but you didn't receive an immediate response like usual which made you slightly confused. You brushed it off and just assumed she was busy doing something or possibly asleep.

When finally pulling in to your neighborhood, you sighed contently and began humming to the song playing on the radio. You finally arrived at your house and noticed another car parked by the mailbox, quickly recognizing it as your best friend's car. You furrowed your brow as you parked in the driveway. " The fuck..? " You muttered softly to yourself and turned off the car.

Opening the door, you quickly stepped out and shut the door, making sure the lock the car afterwards before making your way to the front door. You looked through your keys to find the correct one that opened the front door to your house and unlocked it. When stepping inside you could hear muffled voice mixed with sounds coming from the bedroom which made you immediately think of the worst. You hoped more than anything that it wasn't the case but as you approached the bedroom door, you couldn't think of anything else.

You quickly opened and stared at Olivia being kissed and touched all over by this girl you didn't recognize at first till you saw her face, which was your best friend of 7 years. " Y-Y/n. " Olivia mumbled in shock, pushing the other girl off as she gazed up at you with a nervous swallow.

You took a step back from them and ran out of the room in tears. Olivia quickly got up from the bed and frantically followed you. " Y/n, it's not what it looks like.. " She said softly as she grabbed you by the arm.

" Then what is it? " You snapped back at her and pulled your arm away as you looked at her with pure anger and disappointment. " Olivia, I-I don't understand how you could do that to me. Especially with Isabella! I don't understand how either of you could do that to me. " You shouted, rather angrily, as you began tearing up which made your voice sound even more heartbreaking.

Your best friend, Isabella, hesitantly emerged from the room and peaked her head out from the corner to watch the argument and swallowed nervously. Olivia broke into tears as well and fell silent, knowing that there was nothing she could say that could make up for her actions.

" Y-Y/n.. " Olivia muttered before you cut her off. " Don't. " You replied with anger. You went back into the room to gather a few things such as clothing, a charger, a hair brush, and toothbrush along with toothpaste and put everything in a bag. Olivia followed you in there with a teary gaze. " Please, just let me explain Y/n. "

" What words could possibly explain why you're sleeping with my best friend Olivia? There are none! " You told her in a heartbroken tone which made her avert your gaze. " You're just always gone so long. " She mumbled softly as she wiped a tear from her cheek.

Her words stung which made you tear up even more. " I work hard and I'm gone so long working everyday for you Olivia. You don't understand how important you are to me, and you're just gonna throw that all away? That hurts, like a lot! " You began letting out more pent up tears from your eyes and let them fall down your cheeks and onto the floor.

Olivia felt extremely horrible for what she did but there was no reversing it, no matter how much she wanted to. " I-I know, you didn't deserve that and I'm sorry. It.. it was terrible for me to do to someone, especially someone as sweet and caring as you are. I understand if you want to leave for the night, but just please come by tomorrow so we can try and talk? " She asked with despair in her tone, along with her tearful gaze pouring into yours.

" I... I don't know. I just need time to think right now. " You told Olivia with a stressed out voice, wiping a few tears from your eyes as you pushed your way past her and towards the front door.

You then opened the door and pushed the screen door open as well while making your way back to your car, unlocking it and sitting down in the driver's seat. You hesitated to drive away for a moment and looked up to see Olivia standing by the door in tears, noticing Isabella behind her. She was leaving to and quickly rushed to her car to do so, speeding off once she got the chance. You gave a heartbroken sigh as you pulled out from the driveway in tears.

You thought over and over in your head, 'Why and how could she do this to me? Am I not enough?'

Writer's note
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry I haven't made new part in a while, and apologies this one's a little short. I got a little busy, but I hope you enjoyed it!!

p.s., thank you everyone for all the reads!! 💕