morning cuddles that shouldn't end

Details: You're girlfriend, Olivia, doesn't want you to get out of bed and won't let you get ready for work.

word count: 1225

You woke up fully rested, getting a full 9 hours of sleep, yet you were still slightly sleepy and quite comfortable with Olivia's arms wrapped around your waist. Even with all those reasons to not get out of bed, you had to get ready for work.

You reached for your phone that was on the nightstand to check the time. It read 10:30, meaning you had 30 minutes to get ready. You made the attempt to get up from the bed but Olivia's grip on you only became tighter while she slowly fluttered her eyes open indicating she was no longer asleep.

" Where are you going? " She sleepily mumbled as she glanced up at you with a tired gaze. " I have to get ready for work love. " You told her sweetly as you rested your hand on her head, running your fingers through her hair.

" Just wait a little bit longer please, I've missed you. You always work for so long Y/n! " Olivia complained and rested her head back onto your chest. You softly sighed while adjusting yourself to sit up a bit. " I've only got 30 minutes left to get ready and I already slept longer than I should've Liv. " You told her gently and placed a small kiss onto her forehead.

" Please! " She pleaded with a begging pout and nuzzled her head closer to you, if that was even possible since she was already so close. She then lifted her head to look at you with puppy dog eyes that were impossible to resist.

" Alright, okay. Few more minutes but then I really do have to go my love. " You said with a light grin sticking across your face. " Yay! Thank you baby. " Olivia replied excitedly and lied her head back on your chest while closing her eyes to rest them instead of falling back asleep, knowing that you'd have to get up in a moment anyways.

You smiled in response and continued to soothe her by gently separating her strands of hair with your fingers and spending those last few moments with her before going to work.

10 more minutes passed by and you now had about 15 minutes left to get ready. " Alright Liv, I really have to get ready now. " You chuckled as you moved your arm from her side. She unhappily sighed as she got up from your chest, enabling you to get up.

You planted a gentle kiss on her lips before hopping out of the bed to change into your work uniform and headed to the bathroom to do your hair and make up. Afterwards you stepped back out the bathroom to find Olivia cuddled up with a pillow in your place. You chuckled at the sight and stepped closer towards her to kiss her goodbye.

" Bye my love, I'll see you in a bit. " You whispered to her and she sleepily smiled in response. You left another kiss on her head before leaving the bedroom and slowly closing the door.

You grabbed your purse and keys as you headed out the front door, making sure you closed it behind you.

After your 9 hour shift at work.

You had finally arrived back home after a long day of working your ass off while your co-workers complained about how much work they had instead of just doing it. It was all worth it though to provide money for you and Olivia, even if she was a famous pop star.

You heavily sighed before stepping out of your car to head inside. You walked up to the door and looked through your keys trying to find the right one to get inside before Olivia opened the door and happily smiled at the sight of you.

She pulled you into a tight hug before you could greet her. You happily hugged back and kissed her cheek. " Hi my love. " You said while taking in the scent of her flowery perfume. " Hi baby! " She replied excitedly while pulling away to let you step inside, shutting the door behind you.

You set your purse down on the counter and hung the keys onto the hook while Olivia stepped into the kitchen to make your dinner plate. " Oh, I can get it love. " You offered and stepped beside her. " It's fine, you had a long day. It's already 10:30 pm you know. Just let me get this for you. " She grinned while finishing up putting chicken alfredo onto the plate and set it onto the dinner table, going back into the kitchen to make her own plate while you headed to the room to get changed out your work uniform and into something comfier.

You came back out and sat at the table across from Olivia, grinning at the sight of her and the delicious food that sat in front of you. "It looks and smells amazing love. " You told her sweetly as you picked up the silver fork to begin eating. " Thank you! " She replied with the most angelic smile while chewing a bite of food at the same time.

Soon, you both had finished eating with small side conversations about each other's day and you felt a bit drowsy afterwards so you went to the bedroom to lie down and got comfy under the covers. You wondered where Olivia went for a moment when you noticed she didn't follow you into the room. " Olivia? " You called out in confusion.

Before you could call out her name again she came into the room running and jumped onto the side of the bed that wasn't occupied by you. You both began giggling intensely as she scooted closer and gently forced herself under your arms, leaving you no other choice but to hold her close.

" I missed you today. " Olivia said with a light smile as she wrapped both her arms around you. " I can tell. " You replied jokingly and chuckled.

She rolled her eyes and pulled away from you a bit to sit up against the wall while leaning on your shoulder. You planted a kiss on her lips making her smile in response. " I just really missed you Y/n, especially this morning. You've just been so busy with work and I'm left at home since my manager hasn't called me for anything. " She upsettingly huffed while pouting.

Your heart melted at her words and you smiled, knowing she was going to be overjoyed with the news you were going to tell her. " Well, my boss told me to take the next two weeks off since I've been working so hard. " You happily informed her, watching her face light up.

Olivia excitedly squealed and hugged you tightly, pulling away to kiss your soft lips and smile. " That's amazing! We should go do something tomorrow. " She told you very happily yet it didn't sound like she was asking. " Of course but until then, how about more cuddles. " You softly suggested and she giggled a bit while wrapping her arms back around you, resting her head onto your chest.

" Can't wait. " Olivia muttered sleepily as she began falling asleep against you. You were terribly tired so it didn't take much longer before you too fell asleep.