6. HIM AND I

Long chapter ahead ::

Rajawat household: ~

J : Papa, ap nhin kr sakte, what about my future, my dreams my career? Are they nothing to you? You can't fix my marriage with someone who I don't even know. You can't! You simply can't....
J/p : mujhe tumse sikhna nhin hai mujhe kya karna chahiye or kya nhin!
J: mujhe us admi se shaadi nhin krni, I hate him, we haven't even met, god knows what type of a pain in the ass he's gonna b-----
Before she could finish her sentence she felt a hard stinging pain on her right cheek....
J: apne mujhe thappad mara? Wo bhi us ladke ke liye??? How could you dad?? Woh apke liye mujhse jyada pyaara hai?? I hate you dad! I hate you....
Saying that she ran upstairs heading towards her room...

Jyoti :
I know I have anger issues and the main reason is my existence. I just simply hate the fact that I am a girl. Why can't a girl chase behind her dreams? Why can't a girl be treated equally with boys in the society.
I threw myself on my bed curling up
my body, since I felt week and disowned. Really my dad, the person who never failed to be my hero, the person who comforted me in every situation, the person who loved me more than his life, he SLAPPED ME? ME? HOW COULD HE? THAT TOO FOR THAT SHITTY MAN WHO I DON'T EVEN KNOW..
I sat right up and hugged my knees crying silently, as I felt sad.
I want to work as a teacher , I want to identify myself as a successful woman. Then why? Why is it that it's always happening with me?? I really can't figure out why my dad wants me to get married just for the sake of his damn company! All I desire in life is to become independent and not depend on any rich man for money!
I took out my phone to message my darling something.
Yeah it was Pihu, my comfort zone, she's been my home since the day we met in high school and now we're in the same college. She's the one whom I can share my thoughts and problems with.She's never made me feel alone. She's a literal angel sent by God to me.At least I shouldn't hide anything from her..
I texted her that I won't go coming to college tomorrow due to some important work. At last I layed on the bed lost in my thoughts when I unknowingly drifted into a deep sleep.

I woke up next morning and went down after finishing my daily routine only to find my dad intensely gazing at me with his puppy eyes. It seemed as if though he realized that I wasn't the one at fault. I stepped into the kitchen, to look for a coffee since I felt tired , when I heard my father's voice
" AJ SHAAM KO READY RAHNA, TUMHARE SAATH USKA DATE FIX KIYA HAI"
that's when a jar breaking noise broke the silence. I had dropped the jar in fear of meeting him, who knew he wouldn't leave me like others did? What if he feels ashamed to have a wife like me, what if he ends up forcing me? No!

Aj jo bhi ho jaye mein usse bat krke hi rhunga I thought and I went up upstairs with my coffee.
Mom wasn't home because she had gone to visit her friend's house, at least if she would have been here, she would have consoled me.
I was frustrated, yeah frustrated like hell. I always insecure if my looks and then who knows the man who I'm getting married to won't criticize me for my looks??
I looked at the time when I saw it was already afternoon. I again fell asleep cuz that's what I do whenever I feel sad Or disheartened..