𝟒. 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭

LINA POV:

I woke up in my bed, not to sunlight, but to the sun setting. "𝘰𝘸" I said out loud, trying to roll over. My head was 𝘱𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨.

"¡Ramonaa ven aquí por favor!" I yelled to my little sister from under the covers.

𝐑𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞!

"¡Un segundo!" She yelled back.

𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝!

Not more than a minute later she walked in my room, gently opening the door. "Hey, how do you feel?"

"My head hurts, otherwise I'm fine." I replied, closing my eyes. She gave a sympathetic side-smile and said, "Thiago told everyone what happened, he said you got a concussion."  

"How? I don't remember hitting my head..." I asked her. "Cuando caíste te golpeaste la cabeza antes de que Carlos pudiera atraparte." She informed me.

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

"Ah, that makes sense" I groaned, leaning up to sit on the side of my bed where she was. "Mami wants all of us at dinner tonight, she said we had no choice but to go." Ramona said while helping me up.

"Okay. I'm going to shower." I told her. She nodded, asked me if I was okay by myself, and left.

Stepping into the steaming hot water felt like heaven. I never wanted to leave, and in fact, I 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵... until my water ran cold. I didn't bother to put on nice clothes because I still was a little disoriented. After throwing on sweats and putting my hair in a messy bun I walked downstairs into the living room.

"Hola mi amor, ¿estás bien?" My mom said, giving me a hug. "Si mamá, gracias" I replied.

𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?
𝐘𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐦𝐚, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

Our chef announced that the food was ready, and we all took our designated seats. Thiago and papá at each end of the table, with our mamá beside papá. The rest of us sat in-between the open space, ordered by rank. Of course Carlos was beside me, next to Thiago, as Thiago had no heirs or a wife, so naturally Carlos would be next in line.

It was unusual how my parents didn't arrange a marriage for my oldest brother, but they refused, seeing how they married each other by force. Thankfully, they ended up falling in love, but in their words, "I will never put the burden of hating the person you sleep beside on my children." They were kind parents, especially for the mafia.

My mother spoke up, saying "Me and your father have been lenient on you kids. It was evident last night."

I audibly gasped, not knowing they would talk to me like that. Sure, they said "𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘴" but they also said "last night."

Papá nodded and continued her sentence. "If word got out you guys 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 protect yourselves, our reputation would be 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝. Starting 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 your training will intensify. You will become stronger, and unable to be manipulated. 𝘗𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 or mentally."