𝟏𝟎. 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

EMILIO POV:

I had just fallen asleep with my wife, and a loud explosion shocked me awake.

"What the hell..?" Bailey said half asleep, barely even conscious. She was laying on top of me with her head snuggled in my neck.

My brain assumed I had dreamt the noise so my eyes closed again. This time they shot open with the sound of our front door being beat down.

𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐭. "Bailey wake up now. We're being attacked!" I screamed, throwing her off of me and reaching for the Glock that sat on my nightstand.

She quickly understood the severity of the situation and b-lined to the closet area and began to throw self defense weapons out to me and herself.

We strapped ourselves with everything needed to fight back and I creaked open our door.

"Enzo we need to find Addy. Please make sure she's okay." Bailey said with a cracked voice and teary eyes.

I brought her in for a kiss. "We will. But for now we need to find out who's in our house. Nico knows who to run to first in an emergency."

She nodded and motioned for me to go.

A man in all black with a ghost mask on saw us and lifted his gun. Before he got the chance to shoot I cocked my gun and shot him between the eyes.

Almost immediately after the gunshot sounded men flocked towards us. Bailey and I were being hounded like wild animals. "Fuck, I'm out of bullets!" She screamed.

Bailey had no option but to fight hand-to-hand 3-1.

I wasn't worried about her because she knew how to hold her ground, she came from a criminal background and married me for God's sake.

Bodies were dropping all throughout the house and by this point my team had knocked out over half of the intruders who asked for a death wish.

The entire house was pitch black as everyone was either in bed or asleep. Rubin rounded the back staircase with Kendra and the new girl and they were fighting off the last wave of men.

"When I agreed to move in with you guys I wasn't aware I'd be fighting for my life on the first night!" Kendra hissed at us, making Rubin laugh.

When we had cleared the house and knew there was no more men left they followed me to Adeline's bedroom.

I opened the door to a hidden room that was tucked away in the back of the house to find Nico in front of Addy with around five or so people dead on the ground in front of him.

He lowered his gun we he saw it was us and told Addy she was safe and all the bad guys were gone.

"Mama! Daddy!" Adeline said relieved. It was clear she was terrified because of the tear stains on her cheek.

"Hi my princess, are you okay?" I said, dropping down to my knees as she ran into my chest for a hug.

Addy let out a "mhm" while Bailey wrapped her arms around us both.

____

We had cut on the lights and walked to the living room. Addy screamed when a man in yet 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵 mask grabbed her and held a gun to the side of her head.

I scanned the room and everyone but Lina was there and drawing their weapons. Ready to defend their mafia heir.

In my head I wondered where she had went, hoping it wasn't her who planned this.