𝟗. 𝐒𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

NICO POV:

Enzo told me to go check on Lina because a few minutes had gone by and she didn't say why she left, so I went to the front where I saw her go earlier.

Through the large glass doors I noticed her with a phone pressed to her ear, so I stepped outside the building and went to walk towards her quietly, attempting to not interrupt.

She either didn't hear me or wasn't paying attention because she ran right 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 me.

"Mierda, lo siento." She said in Spanish.

𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐭, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲.

A blush creeped on my cheeks and I couldn't help but smile at her surprised expression.

"It's okay, I came to check on you."

She stepped back and raised an eyebrow, "You came to check on 𝘮𝘦?"

I rolled my eyes and said "Yes. Is there something wrong with that? Please care to share."

"There isn't, I'm just not used to that is all"

'Not used to that'? What was so weird about me checking on her when she was outside 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 in the cold? It didn't make sense to me.

My face must've looked confused because she hastily followed her previous sentence with "I have 4 siblings, normally there's always more important matters to attend to."

𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵?

"Yes."

𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥?

"Yes, you did."

I shook my head and she giggled. 𝘋𝘢𝘮𝘯, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺.

"Thank you Nico, that's kinda sweet."

I really need to focus on what I'm saying out loud, but nevertheless, her giggle was pretty.

"It's true Raven, I meant it." I said.

She began to smile, her face turning bright red like she was embarrassed. Her eyes redirected themselves from mine to fiddling with her rings.

Suddenly the door opened behind me, startling her. She let out a squeal before she covered her mouth with her hands. I turned and met Rubin, with Enzo and the rest of our crowd that went to dinner beside him.

Rubin noticed that she jumped and said "Mi amor, It's just us. We're not going to get ya."

I rolled my eyes before she even had time to react.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." Lina said softly. I'm still confused on why she's so apologetic even when it's not her fault.

Kendra strutted past us and went to the cars. We followed like she commanded us, it made me laugh to myself. "What's so funny?" Lina asked me, not wanting to miss out on anything.

"The way we all went after her just made me laugh is all. Do you want to ride with us in our car back to the house?"

"Sure, I don't see why not."