Chapter 2

The days had passed since Mithra's mesmerizing performance at the dance competition, yet her mind remained consumed by thoughts of Arjun. It had been a week since her mother had mentioned him, and ten long days since Arjun's mother had introduced Mithra to him. As she sat by her window of her dance academy which was in the 7th floor of a building and watching the traffic of the city, the soft hues of the setting sun painting the sky in shades of orange and pink, Mithra found herself lost in a whirlwind of emotions.

Her phone buzzed, breaking the silence of her contemplation. It was Michael, her friend and confidant, who also happened to be her brother. With a sigh, Mithra answered the call, grateful for the distraction.

"Hi, ma , Epdi irukka da ?" Michael's cheerful voice echoed through the receiver.

Mithra forced a smile, grateful for his call. "Haan anna, naan nalla irukkaen anna , neenga ?," she replied, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Michael sensed the weight in her tone and immediately grew concerned. "Maa, nee ok vaa ? Yen Un voice oru maari irukku ... edhavadhu prechanaiya da ?."

Mithra hesitated for a moment before confiding in her brother about Arjun and the dilemma she found herself in. "illa anna ... adhellam onnum illa .... enga veetla enakku maapilai paatrukkanga anna .... peru Arjun , Ooty la College la Professor ... nalla sambalam .... nalla vela ... nalla paiyan ... but enakku enna decision edukkaruthunu theriyala .... he seems to be a good guy but i am confused."

Michael listened attentively, offering words of wisdom and encouragement. "Mithra, it's a big decision, I get it. Just take your time and think things through. This is your life we're talking about, and you deserve to be happy."

"And One more thing, Mithra , whatever decsion u take, i am with u and we all are with u .... "

"Anna, enakku avaru kitta oruvaati pesittu aprom decide panlaam nu irukkaen anna ...."

Grateful for her brother's support, Mithra nodded, feeling a sense of clarity wash over her. 

"Ok da, un manasukku enna thonudho adha sei .... ok ?

"Ok anna .... aprom nee epdi irukka ... romba naala phone eh kaanom "

As they continued to talk, their conversation meandered through random topics, offering a welcome respite from the weight of Mithra's predicament. In Michael's reassuring presence, Mithra found a glimmer of hope amidst the uncertainty, knowing that no matter what, she had his unwavering support.

After talking with Michael, Mithra had a clarity in her mind and with that, she got ready to got to home .... after locking the Dance academy , she went to her home ...

At home, she was welcomed by the smiling face and that turned to a questioning look when her mother saw the clarity and smile in Mithra's face .... 

"Mithra ?"

"Amma naan avaru kitta oru vaati pesitu aprom en mudiva solren ...."

"Appo ?"

"Naalaiku naan avara Ooty la poi paathutu pesitu varen .... idhu avaruku theriya vendam ... surprise ah irukkatum ... ok ?

"Ok da chellam " 

The next day dawned and at 5am , Mithra boarded the flight to Coimbatore and from Coimbatore , she took a car to ooty ... she had already got the address from her mother and the college address ..... 

Meanwhile, in Ooty, in the corridors of the college, Arjun found himself lost in a sea of confusion. It had been days since his mother had mentioned Mithra, and he couldn't shake the lingering thoughts of her from his mind. Lost in his thoughts, he was jolted back to reality by the familiar voice of his colleague and friend, Amir.